†Chapter Eight†

"This is Yagami," The male voice said on the other side of the line.
"Your daughter has finally arrived. It's about time," Mello said using a machine to disguise his voice. I stood beside him with Matt beside me.
"Oh what do you mean?" Yagami asked.
"You already have a pretty good idea of where we are, don't you? We'll make the exchange here. Come to LA by yourself in two days and of course bring the notebook with you." Mello explained
"I won't make the trade unless I'm sure my daughter is safe! I want to talk to her right now!" Yagami shouted, I felt so bad for going along with this Yagami was losing his only daughter and Sayu must be so scared.
"How about this? I'll send you another photo. That should satisfy you." Mello said. He hung up and took a picture of Sayu who was tide up. I sighed. "Someone take Sayu somewhere else, now we wait until her father comes," Mello said.
"I'll do it I'm going to stay with her if you don't mind," I said Mello looked at me with a bit of concern but nodded. I nudged Sayu's shoulder motioning for her to stand up, She did and then IO lead her to an extra room, the room had two beds and a bathroom. When we were inside I locked the door from the inside but it was a different type of lock you couldn't unlock it without a key. I put the key in my pocket and then turned to Sayu she was glaring at me but I saw fear in her eyes. I took off the gag on her mouth. "Hey I'm not going to hurt you, I promise, I just want to talk," I told her smiling she didn't answer just kept glaring. "You must be pretty scared I don't blame you Mello can be frightening sometimes," I told her, still no answer. "This really was the only way your father's police force has something that we want that we need, it will bring us one step closer to locating Kira," I explained.
"You want to catch Kira?" She asked weakly I looked at her and smiled.
"Yes he and I have some scores to settle, you see he killed my brother then my adopted family, they were all that I had until I found Mello of course but I will always hate him for that," I told her. "I have the key to the door and if you promise not to cause trouble I will untie your hands," She gave a small nod. I untied her hands and she rubbed her wrists, there were rope burn left on them. I sighed. Your dad should be here tomorrow with the object that we need until then I will bring you food and well keep you company until then," I told her she nodded.
"Why are you being so nice?"
"Well you must be scared, confused, and well pretty angry I mean who wouldn't be you just got kidnapped and brought into something you had nothing to do with," I explained she nodded. "There a washroom through there to, I am going back to my room for the night but no one will bother you I have the only key to this room and no one will get it, I will come see you in the morning,"
"Alright thank you, your nicer then the others," She smiled. I left and brought her some food, she made no attempts to escape and we continued to talk until about nine when she began yawning.
"I'm sorry I don't have anything for you to change into but I will let you sleep now anyway, Goodnight Sayu Yagami," her eyes widened a bit.
"Wait you know my name but I don't know yours," She said grabbing my wrist. I looked back at her.
"Its' Loyalty, my name is Loyalty," I told her she nodded and let go of my wrist. I picked up the empty plate that had her dinner on it then left locking the door behind me. I went to the kitchen and put the dish in the sink, I was a bit on edge Mello had told me not to go anywhere without him or Matt but I mean I was just washing a dish nothing would happen. I began to fill the sink with water; I figured I would wash the other dishes while I was here. When the sink was full I began washing dishes I was a bit on edge so when I heard someone walk in I jumped. Then I heard a familiar laugh, I turned to see Mello I out my hands on my hips. "Mello you scared me what are you doing up?" I asked trying to sound disappointed. He walked up to me and moved a piece of hair behind my ear, I blushed at his touch.
"I was looking for you, I told you not to wonder around here on your own," He said.
"I'm just in the kitchen," I said, he smiled.
"Look Loyalty, I want you to go somewhere else when I make the exchange tomorrow-"
"Absolutely not I am staying here and I will be with you while you talk to Mr. Yagami," I said determinedly. "I will wear my mask but I will be there,"
"Loyalty, I don't know what's going to happen and well this may be the last time I am going to talk to you, I just wanted to tell you that," He started.
"Yes?" I asked hopefully.
"Well I... I think, no wait I know,"
"Yes?"
"Well I L-" He was interrupted by someone clearing their throat we turned to see Matt I moved away from Mello and he moved his hand from my cheek.
"Oh um hey Matt what's up?" I asked blushing deep red. He stood leaning against the doorway smirking. Mello glared and left the room.
"Well a little make out session in the kitchen maybe?" He asked as he began drying dishes.
"No, No, no Matt it wasn't like that we were just talking nothing happened," I explained my face going redder than a tomato as I continued washing dishes. Matt laughed and then it was silent. What did Mello want to say? Was it what I wanted him to say? Was it what I wanted to tell him? No it couldn't be we are just friends, but it makes me wonder.