Chapter 15

"Are you ready?" Anabel break me from my studying, it hasn't even been 5 minutes since Luke texted me.

"Huh?" I try to focus on my notes that I take in class.

"You ready, Julie was here but we needed to wait for Louis, and he is at the house ready" Anabel explains to me. Wait I am so confused. I try to remember what we are doing.

Bowling! That's it. Woah, how can I forget. I think about it for a minute, should I really go? Niall will be there and I told him that we can we friends. I don't he likes the idea of friends. I should prove him wrong if he will be there. I should show him that I can be his friend.

"Yeah, let me grab my shoes" I smile and come out of my thoughts.

Julie drives us to striker zone. We're meeting them there tonight. I look around and see Liam's car parked in the lot nearby. I rub my arms, I'm a little chilly. We walk into the building and get our shoes. The boys are already set up. I look around and see all the boys, including Niall. I try not to look at him and it is hard.

Wait why am I trying to not look at him. We're supposed to be friends. I go over and sit by him on the booth. "Hey" I give him a quick smile and put my shoes on. This is really awkward. He doesn't say anything.

I look up and he was looking at me, "Hi" he simply says while taking a deep breathe and letting it go. I glance at his shoes and he doesn't have bowling shoes on.

"You're not playing" I point at his feet.

"Nah, Bowling isn't really something that I like, it's gay" he laughs a little. Laughing, Niall laughing is a good sign. It means that he is trying.  I just smile at him, I don't even scold him for calling bowling gay.

We're playing in teams. Harry Louis and I are on a team and Liam, Anabel, Julie and Zayn are on the other. They aren't even but that's okay.

Zayn goes up first and bowls. "So are you having a good time" Niall asks as he fiddles with his hands, I look down at them, I see his knuckles they are bruised.

"So far" I sound distant, I am focusing on his knuckles they look freshly. "Uh what happened" I slightly brush my finger over his knuckles.

"Punched they wall" he shrugs

"Why" I furrow my eyes at him.

"You left" he said moving his hand so I wasn't touching it.

I say 'oh' very silently, he doesn't even hear it. Those words did something to me. I don't know what but I feel something. I don't even know what the feeling is, it's an aching in my chest. An aching for him.

I want to reach over and kiss his knuckles but I can't and I won't. By the time I look over it I am next. I go get my bowling ball and as I look over to Niall he is watching me with a small smile. I smile back at him and go throw my ball done the lane. It's knocks all over the pins and I jump up cheering. "Woo!" I walk back up earning a high five from Harry.

"good job Ariel looks like someone will be buying us the beer" Harry smirks at Liam, Zayn and the girls. I wasn't really excited when the loser will be buying the winners beer because I don't want to loose. But at this rate we ain't loosing.

"Nice Shot" Niall Smirks and looks me up and down. That made me uncomfortable.

He keeps looking at me, mostly his eyes are down south. "Why do you keep looking down there" I say sitting in my previous seat next to him.

"Just memories" he smirks with his head down and away from me.

"From when?" I shift in my seat.