Chapter 19

Do I regret canceling on Lucas I keep asking myself. I feel really bad. This is not me. I don't go around hurting people because I like someone. Niall didn't tell me to make that choice, but it feels wrong. As I look around my dorm, it's smaller than I remember.

2 beds

2 desks

2 closets

and 1 powder room.

I look out my window and look into that city. I really wish Chris was here. I would be talking to him. We were always close. Ever since Jesse died, we were there for each other. I will always take care of him and he of me. I am really missing him right now. I pick up my phone and dial his number.

His phone rings a couples times before he picks up. "Hey" he picks up now it's me from caller I.D

"What's up?" I ask letting out a sigh.

"What's wrong?" he ask avoiding my question. Why does he think something is wrong? Maybe it's from my releasing of breathe that made him think it.

"Why ya ask that?" I bring my knees up to my chest and hug them with my free arm.

"Well when you take sighs when something is one your mind, have at it." he says pushing me.

"Nothing," I think, maybe I can get his advice, I need it from someone. "Well, how can you let a girl know you want her?" I need to know.

I made up my mind, I don't care about my virginity anymore, I will let Niall take it. One problem, how do I know if he is okay with it?

I mean of course he's okay with it, he's a boy isn't he? But I want to know he just won't go around and screw with other girls after it.

"Niall" he says already knowing where I'm going with this.

"Yeah" I half laugh and look down at my stomach a bit embarrassed.

"Well how does he treat you? how does he act with other girls?" he asks

I give him the answer right away, "Well, we mess around but nothing, intense" I try to make it sound as detailed as possible. I'm comfortable around him, but not that comfortable. "And other girls, well he used to sleep with non-stop and well I think he stopped?" I question my self.

"he could be waiting for you, whenever you're ready he might swoop in and get you, but you always have that chance of him leaving you" he says like he doesn't want to, He needs to, it's the truth.

"Chance" I say into the phone.

"Chance" He repeats.

A bit of silence comes into play. I break it. I want to know how he is. "Well how's home, how's the family?"

"The same" he chuckles. "Mom and dad go out every Friday for date night, I go out and party, the usj"

"And dad?" I press

"He went to the doctors on Wednesday, both me and mom went. and uhh" He stalls.

"Don't stall, not now. Please" I plead.

"It's getting worse Ariel." he sighs. "Like really worse"

I fight back the tears that brims my eye lids, "Like how worse" I choke out.

"Like a couple months worse" he starts to choke up.

"Okay" I start to cry. "Uh, I think I'm going to go, I love you Chris, so, so , so much" I tell him.

"I love you Ariel" he hangs up. After I hang up I stare at my phone debating if I want to throw it at the wall. Without thinking I chuck it at the door as hard as I can. I get up and sit on the floor with my head in my hands crying, screaming out 'why'.