The Nightlock

I wake up. I'm hungry. Thirsty. I chew some mint leaves as I stumble upon Katniss and Peeta's cave. Inside, there's a basket of food. I pick at some goat cheese and eat it. I hear footsteps in the distance. That must be them. They must be gathering some berries or roots or hunting for food. I need food, too. I walk until I find that Peeta or Katniss has gathered blueberries. No, these aren't blueberries. Those are nightlock.

I slowly reach for a handful of berries. Do they know they're poisonous? Surely they won't eat them if they're not sure. But then again, maybe they will.

The truth hits me hard.

There's only four of us left.

I slowly bring a berry to my mouth. I don't want a painful death. I bite down on the skin of the light blue berry. The juice fills my mouth. It's a painful sensation. It burns my tongue. My hand drops. I have no control of my body now. I lay on the cold ground. A white light fills my surroundings. I hear a cannon in the distance, feel the cold metal claw wrap around me. A series of events go before my eyes.

How I met May.

How I taught her to steal things.

How she became my best friend.

How she was reaped and I volunteered.

How she gave me the emerald ring.

How I spied on them in training.

How they gave me a five.

How Marvel became my friend.

How I flew from the wind.

How Marvel and Rue died

How Thresh became my friend.

How my camp burned to the ground.

How Thresh and I became allies for a day.

How Thresh died.

How May died.

A light fills my eyes. I'm dead.