The One Who Died

I awaken in a black and white room. What? I'm dead. I then see the dogs that surround me. I look down at my hands, and what I see surprises me.

I have paws instead of hands.

I'm a mutt.

I see a small mutt with dark brown fur. Rue. Another with ashen fur. Marvel. Another with a little darker fur then Rue. Thresh. One with completely black fur. Clove.

They put a collar on me. An emerald, with the number 5 inlaid on it. It resembles my token. They open a hole in the hovercraft and I slowly jump out. It feels weird to be a dog.

Like hear the bark of 20 other mutts. I stand on hind legs. I see Katniss. I can see Peeta. I can see Cato running toward the cornucopia. Half my brain fills with hatred towards them. The other half doesn't know what's going on, or why it can't control my body.

I run towards them. I can't help it. Cato climbs the cornucopia, and I bite some of his leg. There. I got my revenge. Katniss climbs the cornucopia behind him, too swift for me to hurt her. Then Peeta, who can hardly walk. I stop myself from biting him out of pity. Katniss shoots at some of us. Then at me.

As the same light fills my head, the hatred goes away. I'm not this mutt. I'm Finch Lowings. I'm clever. I'm sly. I outfoxed them all.

I'm Foxface.