1

"For many generations female wolfs would refuse to change into their wolfs in solidarity with an honored historical figure who has regrettably has been lost to history. Now these unchanged she-wolves, as they were referred to, realized that by not changing they were saving a very precious item that all women of their time wore on a daily basis. The corset  (or stays) was the staple of every woman's wardrobe..." Mrs. Honeywell happily prattled on with the memorized speech.

"Attention all students!" the intercom interrupted. "There will be an Emergency assembly in the auditorium right now! Please start making your way to the auditorium now!"

The class all make their way out the door in under a minute. Mrs. Honeywell soon followed leaving Lucy Cordus alone in the empty classroom. Slowly she stands and eases her weight onto her right knee. It would have been nothing for any of her classmates to carry her, but since her injuries were a gift from Dustin Saxum, the Alphas son, nobody wanted to anger him by helping Lucy. It takes a while, but she finally makes it to the hallway. Realizing that she will make it to the auditorium just to see everybody excused back to class she decides to head to her science class instead. Limping down the hall leaning heavily on the wall she is grateful for the lake of students lingering in the hall. At least there is one class she can get to today without two dozen students trying to trip her. Just then a solid weight hits her back, and she ends up sprawled on the floor.

"I am so sorry, I didn't see you there," a kind voice said over her. "Hear, let me help you up." Steady hand encircled her waist, and when he tried to lift, she yelled as pain flashed around her ribcage. "Kristoff, Anna, Graba!" he shouted in a panic.

"What's 'graba'?" Lucy asked still face down on the floor.

"It means hurry."

"Petru! What did you do!" a harsh voice yells from down the hall.

"It was an accident, I swear, I didn't see her, and I bumped into her, and now she's broken!" the Petru guy yells at the other guy.

"You didn't break me," Lucy tells Petru. "He didn't break me!" she shouts down the hall. Soft hands begin to examine her shoulders and back. When they reach her ribs, she inhales sharply.

"Shhh, its ok, its ok, I don't think that her ribs are broken, but there is a fracture here."  the woman says. "Ok, Miss, I need you to roll over for me, can you do that?" Lucy slowly rolls over trying to protect her knee the best she can leaving her book bag against the wall. "Good, that's very good. Now I'm going to take your hands and pull I need you to pull back," the lady said she took Lucy's hands. "One two three go," and they began to pull towards each other until Lucy was sitting up and maneuvered her, so she was sitting against the wall.

"Who are you?" Lucy asked staring at the small girl with strawberry blond hair and green eyes.

"I'm Annalise, but you can call me Anna." the woman says. "That oaf that knocked you down, that's Petru," pointing at the tall guy with spiky black hair with white tips.

"Call me Peter," he said with a smile.

"Lucy," said Lucy with a shy smile.

"And that guy is Kristoff," Anna said pointing to another tall man with dark hair this time parted on the side. He had a look of distaste about him.

"You can call me your-"

"Kristoff!" Anna snapped at him. "You can call him Kristoff. Now let's get a look at these ribs." Anna raised Lucy's t-shirt and eminently saw the ace bandage wrapped around her torso. "How long has this been bothering you?"

"About a week" Lucy replied.

"Well, you have about three more weeks till it heals," Anna stated patting her knee.