6

Kristoff waited till Petru got the girls inside the school before stopping his standoff with the coach with a snort and trotting to his clothes that were neatly folded by a tree. Shifting back to his human form with the ease and grace of a prima ballerina caught the attention of the wolves nearby. Stretching his arms and back, a tradition of his whenever he shifted, providing quite the view for several she-wolves who had stopped sparing to stare openly. 

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ABOUT!?" Coach Hanagan screamed at Kristoff as he got dressed.

"I will be taking over Alexia and Lucys' training," Kristoff said buttoning his shirt.

"THE HELL YOU WILL!"

Quick as a flash, Kristoff held the coach by the throat, his nails became claws the just scratched the skin. "Those girls are under MY protection, and their time is better spent with me teaching them how to defend themselves instead of RUNNING UNTIL THEY VOMIT!" He growled releasing the coach before he did something he would regret. "If you will excuse me, I must check on Lucy." Grabbing his jacket and tie, he walked across the field and entered the school mind linking Petru to find the nurses office.

Down the hallway to the end take a right, third door on the right, Petru replied.

How are they?

They're good, just wait till you see this place.

"This is not the nurse's office," Kristoff said opening the door to the janitor's closet. 

"No, it's not," Alexia said handing him a bottle of water from the mini fridge that the janitor kept stocked for the runts. There was a large plastic tub on one of the shelves that held band-aids, ointment, bottles of over the counter pain medication, and ace bandages in different sizes. There was also a cot in the back corner that Lucy and Petru sat on, a bucket on Lucy's lap. "But it is the perfect place to patch yourself up."

"Why do you need a place to 'patch yourself up'? Why not go see the nurse?" Kristoff asked.

"All medical professionals are under orders to not render aid to Lucy," Alexia said.

"By whose orders?" Petru asked.

"Alpha Ashton," Lucy said. Placing the bucket on the ground, Lucy stood up. "We need to get back to the locker room," Lucy said.

"You're right; class is almost over. Let's go," Alexia said grabbing Lucy's hand and leading her back to the girls' locker room.

Watching the girls jog down the hall Kristoff asked Petru "what are you going to do now?"

"I'm going to head down to city hall and start downloading their files."

"What about the school records?"

"I finished scanning the file here up to 1966, and dad did his grand tour in the early 70's so it should give us a good indication of just how far this town has fallen and how long it took. What about you, what are you going to do now?" Petru asked.

"I'm going to finish watching the training," Kristoff said with a sigh.

"How bad is it?"

"There mediocre at best." Kristoff groaned.

"Are we going to train them?" 

"If things are as bad as I assume, no. Their bad fighting skills will be an asset in case of a siege."

Do you seriously think it will come to that?"

"I hope not."

~***~