Opening

Prologue

The rain dropped slowly, sliding downwards from the glass on my car window as I stare at it wondering when it would stop. I wanted to meet my parents for the school holidays and take a break from that dormitory life so I drove my cheap car there but the rain is making everything so blurry that the headlights almost provide no help whatsoever. No matter how many times the water drops get swiped away from my view, new ones would form again and the process repeats.

I wish the whole thing would just be over already. I'm cold, hungry and sleepy but in a road like this, stopping isn't an option. Just as the view got clearer, I realized for a second too late that a truck had gone the opposite direction and headed towards me, crashing the car and myself into a bloody wreck.

Pain, more than I thought I would ever experience assaulted my whole body, with my life flashing before my eyes and the slowing down of my breaths, I realized that I knew what was happening. I'm going to die.

-

And, I woke up.

How simple it would be if it were true. What happened was not a single "I woke up" but a series of shouts, screams, panic attacks and the normal WTF just happened reaction. Why, you ask? Maybe it's because I died before and also probably because I'M IN A ROOM WITH A GOD??

Well, at first I didn't really believe that this entity before me would be a so called 'god' but, the white blank room that I'm in and the fact that this entity had a ginormous figure got to me faster than it's words did.

"Have you calmed down, yet?" It asked me, with a gentle tone this time, instead of the commanding big shot voice it used the first time I woke up.

"Sorry, I just could help fainting when the first thing I see is umm..." I pointed at it, "and..." then I waved my hands around the whole place to give it a clue as to what I meant.

"Yes, I might have surprised you a bit, but what need of the screams and restless mania that you showed?"

"I was panicking, okay? And it's hard to keep my calm when your voice scares me even more. Now that I'm calm and all, you can continue your explanation to why I'm dead and why I'm here with you."

"Well, first of all, let's review the reason for your death, okay? Getting hit by a truck driver who was drunk and accidentally went on the wrong lane... *sigh* I should really just destroy all liquor, shouldn't I? Then my job would be so much easier.. but then they would make liquor again, and then the process repeats.. *sigh*"

Wow, even a god has responsibilities and a lot of work to do. Makes me feel a bit more appreciative of the things had before...just a bit.

"Well, mr.god, ugh... I'm not sure what to address you as but I really didn't like how I died. I didn't even meet my parents in the end, imagine how worried they'll be. Plus, my friends, my family, my boyfriend, my pets, my-"

"Alright, alright, alright!! I get it, you want to live again, okay. You want to say your goodbyes to your loved ones, okay. But I can't do something like putting you back on earth. It would be too much for normal people to suddenly meet someone who right now, has already been proclaimed as 'dead'.." it said hurriedly, stopping my parade of rants from going on.

"Oh, then.... where will I live again? I don't want to live on Earth if not as my parents' child. It's just... weird. What if I meet them, but as someone else? I won't be able to stop myself from crying and running towards them like some psycho," I started to realize the seriousness of my death.

"Ugh... this, I can't help you with that... I'm going to have to ship your soul over to a friend of mine and hope he'll take you in. Good luck over there and if you have anything you want to say to your acquaintances, just write it on that piece of paper on your left and I'll quickly ship it over in their dreams. Once again, sorry for your death."

And then I wrote all my friends and family members a shared letter, one where I poured all my twenty two years of my sentiments into and finally out my pen down. Then the letter disappeared immediately, turning into particles of light.

And that's the story of how I got sent to another god, said my goodbyes to the people on Earth and potentially got placed into a different world entirely. I'm just hoping I don't have bad luck and get sent to a place of slaughter, of monsters or of weirdly formed creatures of the dead.