Chiang Rai (1)

เรือผี ๑
Ghost ship 1

A/N:
-It supposed to be a chapter only, but I decided to make it into two parts-
-I hope you guys enjoy-
-And I am afraid, I might not be able to update for few upcoming days (I will try to update if I could) because it was Eid, so I am wishing Eid Mubarak to those who celebrate it 💙-
-I am sorry if I haven't replied any comments or dm yet. I will get back to you after this. Usually I stayed in a 'cave' when I wrote new chapter. Hahahah-

[Third person's POV]

The boys were finally in Chiang Rai, the most northernmost changwat (province) in Thailand. And it took them about 18 hours to reach Chiang Rai city from Luang Prabang. The province was bordering Laos and Myanmar at one point, popularly known as the Golden Triangle. The borders between those three countries was once flourished with opium trading activities, one of main opium-trading center in Asia, until it was banned and eradicated later on.

<Photo credited to the owner>

After a long overnight journey, they arrived at Chiang Mai town around 11.00 am. And by taking songthaew or commonly called in northern states as rotdaeng which literally meant red car, they reached their guesthouse named Ban Lotus Guesthouse. And they needed to wait for an hour since the owner lady was attending her Sunday mass at her church. After settling the registration and also renting motorcycles, Forth and Phana, being the responsible semes, offered themselves to look for some lunch and let the rest to rest at the guesthouse in the mean time.

"The air smells amazing!" Beam exclaimed.

"Huh? I don't feel the difference." Kit remarked.

"Try to breathe in deeply into your lungs." Beam was showing how and Kit followed but not wholeheartedly.

"It feels home." Beam explained while his eyes were closing to take in the feeling to be back to their own country, despite their real home, Bangkok, still more than 400km away. But, nothing beat being in one's own country.

"Really? I still can't feel the difference." Kit looked at Beam with that questioning eyebrows.

"Huh! Of course, you don't feel it. You and Phana are just the same, unperceptive,  especially when it comes to feelings." Beam sarcastically replied while making a face.

"Hoey! Did you just mock me?" Kit wanted to hit that guy but being a fast reflex, Beam dodge the blow and stick out his tongue to provoke the dimpled guy even more.

"Ai'satt!! Come here!" Kit was hollering while chasing the one who mocked him around the guesthouse.

Wayo who was there, in the lawn of the guesthouse, sitting on a chair with Ming, witnessed all of the bantering between the couple and couldn't help but to drop off some comments.