Chapter 6.

Rhydian

I am in my bed, looking up at the ceiling. It is only eight thirty but i thought that i would avoid the akward situation downstairs. My foster parents are furious that i ran out on my first counselling session, and i have no excuse to give them that won't give away the secret.

As i slowly drift off into an uneasy sleep, i remember when i lost control on my first day of school, how Maddy protected me and calmed me down. I've admired her fearlessness ever since then. I know that i have to get over it and stop shutting people out. I just feel so bored and lonely. I mean, with Mads there was never a dull moment; we actually got into too much trouble.

  But now things are different. I spend most of my time trying to keep control of the wolf, whilst Shannon and Tom try not to look at me as if i am a monster. The thing is, though, i have actually started to think of my wolf side as a curse. Just think about it; with my pack gone i am the only one of my kind; i have to hide away from people if i start wolfing out.

Not a nice gift.

Then she comes.

"This is insane! How come my mum never told me about this?" I grin at Maddy excitedly. But Maddy has a serious face. She takes a few steps closer to me, and leans in so that her forehead presses lightly against my own.

"You're gonna think i'm crazy, but please just listen to my idea." I have to admit, i am not listening that much. I am too focused on how much Maddy has changed since i last saw her. I search her eyes for the vulnerable yet strong-willed girl i fell in love with. If her looks have changed, has her personality changed as well?

"Rhydian, are you listening to me? I need you to hear my idea?"

"Sorry, sure."

"Ok." Maddy takes a deep breath and looks up into my eyes. "You remember that time where you got sent to the hospital because you fainted on a dark moon day?" I nod slowly. How could i forget?

I was in Drama class and my teacher was telling me to be more energetic, so i started jumping up and down. But wolfbloods physically cannot deal with this on dark moons. And i FAINTED!

But where is she going with this?

"Well, then you'll remember how we got blood tests taken from us, and it was human blood." I am so confused.

"Yeah, so?"

Maddy looks at me as if i am completely thick.

"SO, if doctor Whitewood still wants to find our DNA, we'll let her find it. On a Dark moon day." I'm still taking the words in. Of course! It's so obvious.

Maddy

"So, do you think it's a good idea?" I ask excitedly.

His face breaks into a wide grin. "I think it's an awesome idea." Then Rhydian suddenly looks serious.

" Except for the fact that you need to actually ask your parents if you can do this."

"How do you know whether i've asked them or not?" I ask cheekily.

"Because," says Rhydian, trying to suppress a grin," i know what happens when you make a plan, you rush into it without asking anyone if they're alright with it. I also know your parents; they would never let you out of their sight."

"Well, you obviously underestimate my skills of persuasion. They'll have to agree."

Rhydian sighs and says "I hope you're right." Then he smiles, intertwining his fingers around mine. "I really am glad to see you. And i really don't want to ruin your good news but i do need to tell you something."

Ok, now i'm worried. "What's wrong? Was it your councelling session? Did you have a problem with  the councellor?"

Rhydian looks worried too. "You could say that. It's, it's Doctor Whitewood."

"What about her?"

"She's my councellor."

I feel my knees trembling. I try to keep my voice from shaking."What, how is that even possible?"

"Apparently she "volunteered", mutters Rhydian. "I think she knows about me, too."

"But, but if she's here, she could find actual evidence to out us, to out all of us, before the Dark Moon!"

"You don't think i know that, Maddy?" Rhydian shouts, running his hands through his hair.

I take a step back. I've never seen Rhydin like this. We've both changed so much. "I'm sorry," i say calmly," i know that this is affecting you more than me."

He shakes his head, tears welling up in his eyes. "I'm, i'm so sorry, Maddy.  I've just been so lonely with you gone, and now, when i can finally get to talk to you, that woman shows up."

I take his hand again. "We'll sort this out. We will be together soon, for real. I just need to ask my parents."

Thanks for reading it guys, remember i upload every Sunday.

Also feel free to comment and don't forget to vote!