Chapter Two : "I'm Sorry."

Zoë Elliot

Zoë Elliot

Every since I was a little child, I've always had everything handed to me. From being spoiled by my parents, brothers, and grandmother, I've never want for anything.

Now that I'm a grown women, I wish I wasn't as spoil as I was when I was younger. I had to learn how to get everything on my own. And trust me, they made sure I got everything on my own. Especially when I became pregnant at nineteen.

I had a few people disappointed in me and I had a few people who were happy for me. My parents along with my brother weren't to fond on the fact I had a baby at a young age and not by the guy I was with at the time...

"Mommy!"

Well. Out of my thoughts I go.

"Yes baby?" I walked into my five-year-old daughter's room seeing her in her closet.

"I can't find anything to wear." She said in her raspy voice which runs on her father's side.

"You're only going to your grandmother's house. Karson, you don't have to look fancy." I chuckled some, leaning on her door.

"Yeah huh! You're always suppose to look good."

"Okay, whatever you say." I laughed going over to her closet.

While my daughter wanted to look presentable just to sit in the house, I on the other hand had on a pair of leggings with a gray jacket wrapped around my wait with a tank top and some Puma creepers.

Nothing special because the only thing I will be doing today is finishing up my building. As of now, I'm the owner of Karson's Treats which is a combined bakery and yogurt shop.

I named it after my daughter because she was my only motivation to do something with my life. For a year, I basically put my dreams on hold but I had to chase them because I couldn't have Karson missing out on her dreams because Mommy did.

"Mommy you look cute." Karson complimented while she put on her clothes.

"Aw thank you, baby. You look beautiful." I keeled down to her height.

"Thank you, lil bit?" She winked at me.

"Girl, stop that. Acting like your daddy." I stood up and rubbed my left knee.

I grabbed her customized bookbag from off her rack and begin putting a set of night clothes along with some regular clothes tomorrow. I packed her toothbrush, toothpaste, specific soap for her skin, and all of the other stuff she needs.