Chapter Sixteen : "I Need You."

Zoë Elliot

"My life hasn't been the same without you, Zoë

"My life hasn't been the same without you, Zoë. I love you and I need you."

__

Second Chance. Over the years I've gotten more than enough second chances with life. God has really been sparing me and I can't do anything but thank him. Thank him for every little encounter I've been through which brought me out as a stronger individual today.

Five weeks of being in a non responsive, coma, I finally came out of it with minor things wrong with me. I had a slight case of amnesia for a short period of time but I quickly regained my memory. Not only did I regained my memory but I also regained my strength in a short period of time. Yes, I'm still a little weak but I'm doing better as the day progress.

The doctors kept me in the hospital for a few more days to run tests on me and all that good stuff. After I proved to them that I could function on my own, they released me with a few medications I will have to take. Turns out, I was hit by a man that was driving under the influence and unluckily, he didn't make it to the hospital nor did he make it before the ambulance or officers arrived.

Lord knows that could've been me and I just want to continue to thank him for sparing my life.

"I don't know why I'm so nervous." I fanned my eyes, knowing I was going to cry as soon as I walked into my house.

I haven't seen my daughter in almost six weeks and I just know for sure I'm going to break down once I see her. I remember her raspy little voice talking to me while I was in the coma. I miss her so much.

"It's okay." My mother reassured me right when we pulled in front of my house. I could see Javeer, 12tH, Duke, & Averi's car parked in parking spots. Oh my goodness, they love little ole me!

My mother came to the passenger side to help me get out the car although I was capable of getting out myself. She closed the door while I nervously walked up to my front door. I slowly twist the knob, pushing the door open. I walked into the house and immediately heard they're loud ass screaming in excitement. I smiled, seeing the "Welcome Home, Zoë!" banner hanging up.

"My baby! Oh my goodness, I've missed you so much!" Deia and Averi were the first to run up to me, giving me a hug.

"I missed y'all too. Oh wow." I hugged them back, feeling the tears build up a little.

"I'm so glad to see you, man." 12tH started fanning his eyes which made me chuckle and hug him.

"Glad to see you too, brother. I missed you like crazy." I pat his back.

"You're so strong, man. I'm glad to see you." Duke hugged me as well.

I felt so loved, but empty cause the fact I didn't see Javeer or Karson. I started looking around for them that's when they told me they were in the back. I slowly walked in the back to see that they were in Karson's room having a tea party.