Chapter Eight : "Proud of You."

Zoë Elliot

Karson tighten her grip around my neck while laying her head on my chest. I removed her hair from her face as she begin to go back to sleep. I already knew she was tired from being awaken from her sleep which she hates.

We were currently at the airport, waiting on my father's plane to land. It's been a few months since I've last seen my father and I've missed him like crazy. He's been back forth from Mississippi and Utah, getting things sorted out with our newly welcoming baby brother, Jaxon.

Old man done started all the way back over with a new born. Luckily, he isn't very old due to him having me and Javeer at a young age. As of now, I don't know what my father and his girlfriend, Aria is going to do as far as moving wise. Hopefully they stay here because I will love to have my little brother in Mississippi.

"It's cold." Karson mumbled, sniffing after.

I removed my jacket from my body before wrapping her up with it. I kissed her forehead and held onto her while scoping out the scene. We've been waiting for a little over thirty minutes. I was tired but I also couldn't wait to see my father.

I'll say a good hour or so has passed by which caused me to fall asleep as well. I jerked up once I felt Karson being taken out of my lap. I looked up to see my father picking her up.

"Defense mode," he chuckled. "Hey, baby."

"Hey, Daddy." I yawned while standing up to hug him.

He grabbed his suitcase while I grabbed his traveling bag and we made our way out of the airport. It was going on four in the morning. Karson more than likely isn't going to school in the next couple of hours.

"How's Jaxon?" I asked once we got settled in the car. I buckled up my seatbelt before starting up the car.

"He's good. He looks more like you than me." He side eyed me which made me laugh.

"Told you he would."

"How you and Karson been?" He adjusted his seat, making sure not to push back on Karson's legs.

"We've been well. Adjusting to this thing called officially being on my own. It's different."

"Yeah, I bet it is. Seems like you're adjusting well. I'm proud of you." I looked over at him to see him smiling at me.

"Aw thank you!" I smiled some, focusing my attention on the road.

Finally got that I'm proud of you from someone that means the world to me. He sat me down and let me know that he wasn't too fond on the fact I was having a child by someone other than my boyfriend at the time. Hell, he didn't even want me having sex in the first place.

But I went against everything and learned from my mistakes which is what life is all about.

"You can sleep in my bed. I'll sleep with Karson." I said, as soon as we walked into my townhouse.

"Nah, I'm not about to kick you out of your bed. I'll take the couch."

"Dad, no you're not. You're sleeping in my bed and that's finale."

"Better not been fucking no dusty niggas in that bed. That's all I know." He said while going upstairs with one of his bags.

I shook my head at what he just said before going up stairs with Karson laying on my shoulder. I slowly laid her down in her bed, removing her house shoes from her feet. She squirmed around until she found a comfortable spot.

I removed my jacket and shoes from my body before cutting the lights off and getting into her twin bed with her. She found me and snuggled up against me.