Chapter Fifteen : "Numb."

Tamir Bryant

Tamir Bryant

Being a good guy always come with some kind of consequences. The good guys don't ever get credit for the good shit they do. You do one little mess up and they'll hold that accountable to you for the rest of your life while on the other hand they did the most fuck ups and still feel like they didn't do anything.

It's backwards but that's exactly how it works. But I don't care how bad the situation gets, I'll always be the good guy considering that's how I was raised.

I've been hurt so much in the past that I'm really numb to it. I'm numb to love. I'm numb to feelings. Hell, I'm even numb to this shit called life.

It was Saturday afternoon and I had just recently finished up my last customer for the day, due to me closing the shop early. I would have let my tattoo artist's stay open for the remainder of the store hours but it's the weekend, I'm sure they'll be happy to get off early.

It still surprises me that I even have my own tattoo shop and artists that work for me. I owe that shit to Nas for motivating me to become something that I never thought of and I'm making good money while doing something I love.

A lot of people don't know that I still have banks from when I was holding. It's put up for rainy days and my house for whenever I get married to some shorty. I rarely spent that money only to get my moms, 12tH, Krit, & Nas out of the pen, also my spot.

I'm not going to even lie, I enjoyed being the most known drug dealer in the sip. Not for the attention or the name, but for the money and maybe the females. But I will never, on my son, return back to the old days.

"So wait a minute? You're baby sitting ole girl's baby? She approved?" Nas looked confused after I just told him I will be looking after Karson for a couple of hours.

"It's only until her grandma get off of work. Karson's dad isn't in town right now and you know Krit and 12tH went to Virginia. Long story short, I'm the only person that's in town so her grandma kindly asked me and I said yes." I shrugged, not really thinking much about it.

"Wow. That's.. interesting. How's Zoë by the way?"

"As fas as I know, she's still in a coma. I went to see her the night of Alexus' funeral."

"Still got feelings for her?" He asked, looking up at me from the couch.

"We're not going to get into all of that."

"Ooh you do," he started cackling. "How did you find out she had a child anyway?"

"Bruh, I meant to tell you. Duke told me."