Chapter Four : "One Night."

Zoë Elliot

Karson's Treats have really been stressing me out since I postponed the grand opening once again. But I've finally set a date which is this upcoming weekend which gives me three days to finish.

Duke was in town to help me, but he was being really unhelpful at the time due to him wanting to play with Karson. Their bond is so cute, they really can't go an hour without talking to each other.

"Karson, where the hell you going with that big ass curtain on your head?" Duke started laughing, seeing Karson walk into the living room with a turban on her head.

She's too much for me to handle.

"It's a tireband." She correctly him, wrongly.

"Turban, chile." I corrected her, shaking my head while Duke burst out laughing once again.

"Your laugh is ugly, Judadiah." She went to sit by him.

"Just stop talking cause you can't pronounce anything. Raspy voice." He laughed, pinching her nose.

They where in the living room while I was in the kitchen, working on my website. I was having fun making it the way I desired. I made sure to add a few of Karson's ideas as well.

"Look at you, always working." Duke smiled, sitting beside me at the table. I glanced up from my laptop and over at Karson who was laying down, watching television.

"Got to get it, baby boy." I looked over at him and he stale faced me.

"Oh now I'm baby boy? Alright bet." He chuckled. "We can get up early tomorrow to finish up. I just got caught up with Karson."

"That's fine."

"I need to talk to you about something." He got serious which caused me to look back at him.

"What is it?"

"I met this girl a few months ago and we've been kicking it. I informed her on how I have a child and she accepted it, actually been trying to meet her for a while. I haven't let her meet Karson yet because I wanted to give you a run down since we both agreed to let each other know when we're dating someone. You down with meeting her?"

"That's good that you found someone," I smiled, actually really happy for him. "It's fine that Karson meet her, but do I have to?"

"You are the mother of my child and I will like for you to meet the girl that will be around our daughter."

"I guess. Just let me know when we're meeting up."

"Alright," he smiled. "How's your love life going?"

"Hm, let's see. Fucked over a guy when I was 18. Gave you a chance when I was 19, fucked that up. Gave up on relationships when I was 20. I'm just chilling right now."

If guys knew what I did to two guys that loved me, they'll try to stay away. I've hurt Duke just like I've hurt my first boyfriend. I honestly believe if we didn't have a child together, he would've been tossed me to the curb.

He let's me know from time to time that what I did to him doesn't affect him anymore and he's over it. But I can't get over the fact that I did it.