Chapter 5

Xanthe entered the hotel after 8.30pm. The hotel had a small bar area with a couple of lounge chairs. She spotted Dominic sitting in the lounge chair near the small window. He stood up and smiled at her. She smiled back as he swept her into his warm embrace. she thought he didn't look as troubled today. He actually looked quite relaxed.

"Would you like a drink my love?" he asked her.

"Can I have a beer please?" she asked.

The bar tender served their drinks and they returned to the lounge. Xanthe waited for Dominic to start the conversation. She took a sip of her beer and looked at him with her big brown eyes. He smiled at her then spoke.

"I want to start telling people about us." he said

"Are you sure Dominic? What would people think of me?" Xanthe asked.

"They wouldn't necessarily think anything Xanthe" he responded.

"But the age difference alone would be frowned upon. Never mind anything else!" Xanthe said.

"We are both consenting adults Xanthe. Not to mention we love each other. It's nobody' business but ours. I just want to show you off" he said.

"What about Summer?" Xanthe asked. "She is my best friend. I don't want to hurt her." she added.

"I will tell Summer tomorrow that I am in  a relationship. Then in a couple of months you can be my partner at her 21st birthday party>" Dominic said.

Xanthe didn't want to think about that now. She wanted more time to break it to Summer. Dominic lead Xanthe up to his room.He made love to her.It was the most passionate Dominic had ever been. He truly did love her. So she would trust him. Summer may have been her best friend, but Dominic was her father. He knew her better than anyone. Surely he would know if she was ready for the truth.