Chapter 17

Dominic had made dinner. It smelt delicious. Xanthe was famished and looked forward to eating. She just hoped she could keep it down. Summer was in her room listening to music. Dominic called her down for dinner. As she came through the door she caught sight of Xanthe and glared at her.

"Hello Xanthe" Summer spat "here again?"

"Summer, Xanthe is my girlfriend and I love her. That is why she is here" he scolded.

"Summer you said to me yesterday that you wanted no more lies." Xanthe said "I want to be honest with you from now on" she continued.

"Just spit it out Xanthe!" Summer snapped.

"Xanthe and I are having a baby" Dominic said.

"You what! Are you mad! You have got to be kidding me!" Summer shouted.

"Summer I am so sorry" Xanthe said starting to cry

"Well you should have kept your legs shut!" she hollered

"Summer! Xanthe is your best friend. I was not totally innocent in this" Dom said.

"Yes but you are my Dad! I have to forgive you! She is a whore!" Summer yelled. "If she wasn't pregnant I would slap her!"

"Summer! I will not have you treat Xanthe with such disrespect. Go away to your Aunt's and cool off" Dominic said.

Summer stormed upstairs to pack. She stomped back down with her bags and left. She did not speak to either of them. She just left. Xanthe knew it was going to be bad. She did not think she would ever hear her best friend call her a whore though.

"Oh Dom what have we done?" Xanthe cried.

"Don't worry she will calm down my love" Dominic said as he hugged her tight.