Chapter 16

Ushijima Wakatoshi

As I walked away from him I could feel his stares trying to pierce through my demon soul like an eagle looking for food. "I'm not here to watch, I'm here to train so don't underestimate me and give it out you've got" I continued to do what I was supposed to do train.

After a couple of drills and serve practices things started to get serious, teams were formed by school which of course why wouldn't they be. For me I could join any team since I was the extra in the camp since I was the only one who enrolled from another school.

"Amaterasu" a coach called out to me "why don't you play for this team" he gestured me to a court.

"Yes coach?" I asked

"You'll play against ushijima and his team" said coach Washijo.

We all got into our positions, I was the one serving first since coach wanted me to–he blew the whistle and I threw the ball up high. I looked at the ball and took a breath then when it was the right moment to hit the ball I hit the ball like never before. The players on the other side thought the ball was going straight and soft but they were wrong, the thing about my serve is to never judge it.

The players were shocked my the serve which gained my team a point, ushijima was a little mad but he held it in. My second serve of the game I threw the ball up and hit it with all my might, unlike my first serve this serve was fast the other team was once again shocked by my other serve.

I looked at ushijima and see that he wanted to see what else was up my sleeve, I smiled at him getting ready for another serve. I threw the ball up again and smacked it hard, the ball then curved to the right catching some of the players off guard. Eventually their libero got it and hit the ball towards their setter who set the ball to the one and only Spiker Ushijima.

SLAM

The ball nearly hit me, I could see Ushijima snickering at me showing me how an actual spiker is like. I rolled my eyes at him and went to get the ball and rolled it to his team.

Some time later I was finally at front and was ready to spike the ball, I went to the setter and told him that he can show me his signal when he's ready to set for me. He nodded and we both got in our positions the ball was served and as usual ushijima tries to spike the ball again until I block him. Their libero gets the ball up in the air but it eventually goes to my side and our libero hits the ball towards the setter who gives me the signal and I nodded.

The setter gives the ball to me and SLAM goes right past ushijima who tries to block my spike he was shocked by the impact that he fell down. The whole gym went quite because of what they've witnessed.

One of the coaches blow a whistle which catches everyone's attention "alright I think that's enough for today everyone clean up and get ready to sleep we have more training tomorrow first thing in the morning" he said and everyone started cleaning the entire gym.

I went to ushijima and held out a hand he slowly looked up at me "I'm sorry for making you fall but I did prove you wrong, never judge a book by its cover" I smiled at him. He grabbed my hand and got up "I'm-" he looked away from me "I'm sorry about how I've been treating you  would you please forgive me?" He said.

I laughed at him "it's alright you learned your lesson" I lightly punched him on his arm "now let's hurry and clean before all the food and hot water get taken away" I said to him.

The past few days at the camp was fun because ushijima, Toru, Tetsuro and I got pretty close I mean all three of them were the only ones besides the Karasuno guys who talks to me. The four of us would always joke around and play around a lot, we would also get very competitive whenever we go against each other.

"Ama-chan~" I looked around to see who called for me and it was none other than the pretty boy Oikawa Toru.

I waved at him as he came to me " so what's up Toru-kun?" I asked him.

"I like you" he bluntly said then blushed "please be my girlfriend" he threw a box of chocolate in my face then ran away.

I looked at the box of chocolate that had a note on it and it said "meet me after practice behind the gym to give me your answer, make sure no one follows you"
-Toru-kun

~After practice~

I went behind the gym as told and see Toru-kun there with his back against the wall.

He turned to me and smiled at me "so do you have an answer?" He asked me.

I looked down "Toru-kun...I-I'm sorry but-"

"I know..." I looked up at him and see him looking down "I know you love him" he said.

"What? I don't like-"

"You love Ushijima Wakatoshi!" He yelled out "I can see the way you look at him, the way you smile at him" I can see a tear fall from his face. "I know I get all the girls attention but out of all of them the only attention I wanted was yours" he pushed me against the wall and trapped me between his arms. "All the girls are looking at me and surrounding me but I'm not looking at them Amaterasu, you wanna know who I'm looking at?" He looked at me with his sad eyes.

"The only girl that I looked at that I hoped looked at me was you but no..your eyes were looking at Ushijima" he looked down and I could feel some of his tears fall down my shirt.

"Why couldn't you look at me like that?" He asked looking at me again, I could feel my tears falling down my face. Toru wiped the tears from my face and he moved his face closer to mine, I could feel his breath on my lips until...

"Oikawa! Get away from her!"

We both turned to see Wakatoshi and Tetsuro, Wakatoshi ran towards Toru throwing a fist at him then Toru punched him back. The punching then escalated to a big fight and Toru was on top of Wakatoshi throwing more punches at him. Tetsuro was trying to stop them but they kept pushing him and caused him to constantly fall on his butt.

As I was also trying to stop them but they kept pushing me too, I went up to them again and tried to get Toru off of Wakatoshi but he pushed me again and caused me to fall back hard onto the hard ground. I landed on some sticks which caused my hand to get a cut by that didn't matter to me, I didn't want the two people who I cared so much about to kill each other.

So I had no choice but to literally go in between them, I ran and pushed Toru off of Wakatoshi. "Stop it! You two shouldn't be fighting, Waka-kun he wasn't trying to do anything to me he was just telling me how he feels" I said to Wakatoshi.

Then I turned to Toru "and Toru-kun I'm sorry that my heart didn't choose you, I'm in love with Wakatoshi you can't blame him for what I feel" I said to Toru. He stood up and didn't say anything and walked away so did Tetsuro who figured that it was best to leave me and Wakatoshi alone.

I sat against the wall and looked up at the sky, Wakatoshi came and sat next to me and also looked up at the sky. I turned to look at him "are you alright?" I asked him he turned and looked at me and gave me a smile and nodded, for the first time after meeting him he gave me a smile.

I could feel my tears forming as I saw his smile right before my eyes but I held them in and got up "I'll go get the first aid kit and check up on Toru" I said.

Before I could leave I felt a hand grab my wounded hand I winced as his hand made contact to it, "why don't you worry about yourself first Amaterasu, you're more hurt than I am" he said examining my hand. "I'm alright Waka-kun just let me go and get the first aid kit" I was slowly moving my hand out of his until he pulled me down into his arms.

"I love you"