Chapter Four

Drowning in my own sweat I lifted myself out of my "now so comfortable bed". In the mirror my eyes were blood shot and lazy. Horrible didn't even begin to describe how I looked. Grabbing one of the black unitard suit things that were supposed to make me look sexy (I guess), I headed towards the bathroom. The water was running as the clothes slipped off my skin. A few towels were laid on the sink counter for after my shower. Pulling back the curtain I climbed in and let the water engulf me into a warm daze. 

As the water trickled all over my body, I thought about how I was going to handle today. All of the situations that were to come, and my jerk wad partner I had to deal with. Although, who doesn't love a good challenge? The last of the soap had washed out of my hair and down the drain telling me my shower was done. Turning the handle til it was tight, I stepped out and let the air cool the water on my body, making it just a little chilly. Drying my hair, then my body, I stepped out of the bathroom. The steam engulfed my room just a little. Too hot of a shower I guess. 

My fingers lingered over the drawer handle. Sighing I pulled out an outfit from my updated wardrobe. The sex appeal in these outfits was too much for me. I wasn't much of a pretty person to begin with. Letting out the sound of defeat the leather slipped on over my body. I let my eyes wander over to the mirror. It wasn't me, I wasn't me. I was not a pretty to begin with, I was average, and this made me look like a fat pot. A POT.

There was a gun slot up against my hip. Feeling it I thought of what I was going to become. Was there ever going to be one sitting there? Why was I allowing this? I had wondered it for so long and still had no answer. Zipping up the suit my feet headed towards the door. As the knob turned I about ran into somebody. More like somebodies. Four somebodies to be exact. 

"Woah." I let out as I took in each one of them. To the left of the group was a curly haired red head about my height with a huge grin on her face. Kind of scary if you ask me. Next to her was a boy, just a bit taller than her, with this brown shaggy hair and brown freckles all over his face. Beside him was another girl, this one tall, too tall (at least for me) with sleek, platinum hair, and not a trace of a smile to ever come from her. Last but not least another boy who had no intentions of looking up at me. Or anyone else.

"Hi!" the redhead called out and offered me her hand. Shaking it she went on to introduce the rest of her--- friends. "I'm Caroline, that's John, Rachel, and Daniel." She gestured to each one enthusiastically with their names. John flashed a smile, Rachel, a slight "wave" if you were to call it that, and Daniel just grunted at his name. 

"Um---", I Didn't know how  to respond without embarrassing myself. No escaping now. "Amber, Amber Harding." I gave whatever sheepish smile I could and hoped that they would soon leave. After nothing was said for a while and we had been standing there for a good awkward two minutes John cleared his throat to break the silence.

"We heard you were new, and wanted to know if you wanted to grab some breakfast with us before the day started." His words were less chipper and welcoming that Caroline's. She then quickly added---

"Because we know what its like to be new here and confused, so we wanted to make your companionship!" What a very positive way to say, "You looked lonely, were gonna be your friends for a day." You kind of wondered who was really for the idea, and who was just there to be there. Nodding in acceptance of the invitation the group led me through the hallways one after another. I found myself trailing behind next to Daniel, who only looked up to see if there was a door about to be passed through. His glasses were intensely shoved to his face, almost like they were sewn in. 

"You know, you kind of miss the whole world when you look down all the time." Look at me trying to make conversation. Whether or not I got a laugh out of him is a mystery, but suddenly he raised his head, for the entire walk! He had a boyish face, almost reminded me of Jack, a lot like Jack when he was younger. To my estimate, Daniel was 16, Caroline and Jack were 17, and Miss Happy Sunshine, I say this ever so ferociously, was about 18.