Chapter 6

I laid in bed and looked up at the ceiling, the events of the evening were running through my mind. "High level demon" I said as I climbed out of bed. Pulling on some shoes and a jacket I left the bat cave. Driving down a deserted road I pulled over and drew in the dirt. My heart racing as waited and waited but nothing happened.

"Come on Crowley. I know you can hear me." I yelled into the dark wrapping my arms around me, I side stepped on the spot to keep warm.

"What" I spun round at the voice. "Do you want?" I looked him in the eyes.

"Crowley!" I said as my teeth chattered in the cold. He looked at me and gestured to the car. I nodded and climbed in. Crowley turned on the heater.

"I may be a demon, but I don't like the cold either." He said turning to me. "So what do I owe this unexpected summons to?"

"When I was younger I used to have dreams about a man standing over my bed and then when I told my parents and Bobby the dreams stopped. But recently I found markings around my room at my folks and Bobbys' place." I took a deep breath and continued. "Sam found that they were protection markings against high level demons. Now I thought if my mum's an angel and my dad is something I don't know. But if they were protecting me against a high level demon. Then my only conclusion is he must have been a demon." I stopped and looked at him.

"What and you think I know?" I nodded at his remark. "I'm sorry love, I maybe the King of Hell now, but I wasn't then."

"So then I should ask Lucifer?" I said looking dead ahead and not at Crowley.

"What? No he will just twist things." He said, I turned and looked at him.

"My other side comes out only when I black out. I need to blackout in a way that I can see what happens. For that to happen I need..."

"A witch." Crowley interjected looking at her. I nodded. "Oh joy and I know just the person." I smiled and leaned over and kissed Crowley on the cheek.

"Thank..." before I could finish Crowley was gone. "Hate it when he does that." I sighed and put the car in drive and went back to the bat cave. As I snuck in, I could feel that I was being watched, but ignored it, climbing into bed I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

As I fell into a deep sleep she could feel myself being pulled down and no matter how hard I fought against whatever was doing it the more it pulled. I tried to scream out, but no sound. I tried gasping for air, but every time just felt like my lungs were on fire. Whatever it was, was determined to take over one way or another. Yet, in the darkness I saw a light. I reached for it with all my strength, as I did I heard a voice. The closer I got to the light the more I could hear the voice. Then I felt something touch my cheek, I felt myself being drawn closer to the light. Suddenly I woke. Springing up in bed my clothes stuck to me once again. Sweat running down my back, the nightmares were getting worse. They were becoming more real. Suddenly I realised I wasn't alone. Turning on the lamp I jumped.

"Cas what are you doing here?" I asked clutching a hand to my chest as though to try and slow my heart.

"I sensed you were distressed, every Angel did. Even God and Amara. I thought I would see what's wrong."

I smiled at him. "That's sweet of you really." I ran a hand through my hair, which was damp with sweat and pulled my legs up close to my chest and rested my chin on my knees. Turning my head I saw Cas staring at me, all I did was smile.

"You look tired" he said as he slowly stood up from the bed. As he did I snuggled down into bed again. "Get some sleep, I will check on you tomorrow." He gently touched my cheek. A gesture which if I'm honest took me by surprise. As he went to walk away I spoke.