《 24 》

A/N

Be happy, this is a very long chapty :) (Too bad it's horrible)

Since my talk with the guys, I told the girls the plan and soon after that, the whole office basically knew the plan. Surprisingly, everyone agreed that Gavin and I were supposed to be together and were instantly on board when they had heard about it. 

Well, everyone except Gavin, who had no clue what was going on. And it was going to stay that way, for as long as possible.

Right now, I was getting ready for the annual Halloween party that Burnie sets up every year. Knowing that Gavin was going to come with Meg, the girls wanted me to go with a date as well.

Since I couldn't just pick up some random guy off to street and bring him, I called in some reinforcements. Of course, Michael was completely against it and tried to talk me out of it. But I convinced him that if he wanted this to work then we'd have to do it.

In the middle of doing my makeup, there was a knock on the front door. I quickly close my mascara, making sure I didn't get any on my cheeks before placing the bottle down onto the counter.

"Coming!" I yell, standing up from my seat in the bathroom.

I walk out of the bathroom and to the front door, quickly unlocking it and pulling the door open to reveal James. His hair grew out a bit longer, and a five o-clock shadow defined his jaw bone, but he didn't look much different from the last time saw him. 

"Thank you, again, for coming on such short notice." I say, giving him a small smile and he sends me a warm smile.

"Yeah, yeah of course." He says as I pull the door open a little more and gesture into the apartment. 

"Well, come on in." I say and he nods before brushing past me into the apartment, getting a good look around.

"Wow." He awes, averting his eyes to the view in the living room.

"You've done pretty good for yourself." He comments and I simply shrug.

"Thanks." I say, chuckling slightly before a small silence engulfs the two of us.

"So, you know the plan right?" I ask, making my way back to finish my makeup.

"Um, yeah. Make it seem like we got back together again to make that guy jealous." He recites, plopping himself on the couch.

"Yup." I say, finishing up my eyeliner.

"That's pretty fucked up Cassie." He says and I roll my eyes.

"You didn't have to agree you know." I say, pulling out my red matte lipstick.

"Yeah, but you didn't have anyone else." He says and I huff.

"You need to start getting ready." I say, throwing my lipstick back into my makeup bag. I stand up, making my way to my room.

"Come here!" I yell and I hear him groan loudly. He trudges over as I pick up his clothes off my bed and shove them into his hands. 

"What is this?" He asks, a look of confusion and disgust on his face.

"Your costume, now put it on." I demand, walking towards the door. 

He huffs obnoxiously as I shut the door behind me, making me roll my eyes. Suddenly, I'm wondering why I didn't break up with him earlier, guess I owe Michael those fifty bucks.

I finish up the rest of my makeup in the bathroom as my bedroom door opens, I look over and see James and smile. 

"Oh good, everything fits." I say, perfecting his leather jacket a bit.