《 32 》

¤Christmas Day¤

"Get up! Get up! It's Christmas!" Gavin wails, shaking my shoulders violently until I stirred awake. I groan, trying to turn away from him, but his grip was firm.

"Alright, alright get off of me." I chuckle, pushing away his hands so I can sit up.

A yawn escapes my lips as Gavin sat on the bed, bouncing his knee impatiently. I pull my hair into a messy bun before looking up to Gavin with a small sigh.

"Alright, let's go." I chuckle and as soon as the words left my mouth his hand was in mine, pulling me out of room and to the living room.

We come to an abrupt stop in front of the Christmas tree, sitting next to the window in the living room. A few presents line the trees skirt, some wrapped neatly, which are mine, and some that were questionable wrapped, which are Gavin's.

But all that mattered was the fact that he wrapped them with love and nothing else.

"Where should we start?" I ask, my eyes scanning over the presents as I take a seat on the couch until Gavin snatches a medium sized box from the thick of the tree.

"Here, this one first." He says excitedly, shoving the present into my lap, making me laugh.

"Wait, let's open gifts at the same time." I chuckle, leaning over and snatching one of his gifts.

I hand him his gift and we count down from three before going ham. We rip open our gifts, wrapping paper flying about until I'm down to a cardboard and he was at tissue paper. He rips open the tissue paper, a gasp leaving his lips as I grab the scissors off the coffee table, watching him intently.

"No way . . " His voice trails off as he unravels the leather jacket he's been hinting at since this fall.

"Do you like it?" I ask, biting my lip anxiously as he quickly slips it on.

"Of course! Love, this is amazing." He gushes, getting up and tackling me in a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck, taking in his embrace until he pulls away.

"Hurry up and open your gift, I want to see your reaction." He says, taking a seat on the coffee table in front of me.

"Alright, sheesh." I chuckle, using the scissors to slice through the tape running along the edges.

I pull open the flaps, removing the tissue paper to reveal a snow globe. My eyebrows furrow slightly, pulling out the snow glove to feel my mouth drop at the sight.

"Oh Gavin, I love it." I say, shaking up the snow globe that held my favorite picture of us inside. 

I watch the fake snow fall over the picture, making my heart warm inside my chest. I look up at him, watching him smile brightly at me before leaning forward with my lips perked. He meets me halfway and presses his lips into mine before pulling away a moment later.

"Thank you, so much. I can't wait to find a place to put this." I smile, placing the snow globe down onto the coffee table before moving the box onto the ground.

"Come on, lets finish opening the rest presents."

¤ ¤ ¤  

After an hour or so of opening presents, we finally came down to the last two under the tree. Getting so many great things from Gavin, jewelry, clothes, shoes, a pair of nice sunglasses, I couldn't imagine what else I could be getting.

"Alright, this one is special." Gavin informs me as he places the small box into my lap. 

"What, is it an engagement ring or something?" I joke, handing him his last present as well.