Unwanted Guest Pt.11

"They said I would find you in here," James said as he stepped into the the room. "What are you doing here?" Liz asked as she scooted closer to Preston. "What? I'm not allowed to see you when you're hospitalized?" James pulled a seat next to Liz. "Listen, I'm sorry for everything. Ignoring you, hurting you, everything. I want you to be part of my life again," James said as he stroked her hair. Liz smacked his hand away. "Do you really think I'm going to just fall into your arm? After all of the emotional torture you have put me through? Preston literally put his life on the line for me, just to make sure I was safe. The whole time, you didn't even care," Liz ranted defensively. "I said I'm sorry. I feel horrible. I really do love you. He probably will treat you horribly! He's a snake!" James admitted as he took her hand. Liz froze in disgust; she pulled her hand away and slapped him clean across the face. "How dare you! He'll treat me horribly? You're the one that made me cry so much, I had to take salt tablets to stay healthy! What? Are you jealous that I'm with the person that saved my life when you weren't there to begin with, let alone jump out of a window on the second floor to save me?" Liz screamed. "Calm down! It's okay. Please, I truly wish I was there. I would have jumped out,"James pleaded. "Wish! Would have! These all mean if! He was there!" Liz defended the sleeping boy. "He's not really with you right now is he? I am!" James said. Liz stood up  and pointed at the door," Leave." "But-" "LEAVE!" she commanded. James left with his tail between his legs. He turned around  to say something, but Liz slammed the door in his face. What has happened to that kid? she wondered. Liz let the thought slip her mind; she didn't care anymore. She took her seat and continued reading, with her book in one hand and Preston's hand in the other. She went on as if nothing had happened. James never bothered to come back. 

      A week had passed, and Liz was recovering quite smoothly, but Preston was the same as before. Liz was in her usual spot on her phone when there was a knock at the door. "Come in." A rabbit boy with two bouquet of flowers walked in quietly. "Hello, Princess. How are you?" Eddy asked as he walked in and handed one of the bouquets to Liz and put the other in a vase next to Preston's bed. " I'm doing good, but I can't say the same for Preston. There has been no sign of him waking up soon. I haven't seen you in a while, how are you?" Liz responded. "I nearly had a heart attack when I found out what had happened! I had the turtle flu, and I didn't want to give it to you, so I waited a lot longer than I had wished to see you. I'm sorry I wan't there," he apologized," But I'm very glad you are okay." He rested his hand on her knee. Liz sighed and picked it up and placed it back on his lap," I'm with Preston now, Eddy." Edward was shocked, but soon let out a small laugh," I understand. Frankly, I always thought you would pick James, but Preston is worthy competition. He really does deserve you." "Sometimes I wonder if I deserve him," Liz said as she looked back at her sleeping beauty with teary eyes. "You know, I've known Preston since second grade. He was always the kid sleeping or flipping off the teacher," Eddy began. "Please don't," Liz said, expecting him to say more terrible things about Preston. "But then he met you, and everything changed. He never fell asleep, mainly because he wanted to look at you all class period, and for the first time, he tried. He began to pass all his classes, even if it was with only one point above failing. He got to class on time, and he stopped picking on other students. He wanted to impress you. I'm glad you picked him," Edward said, bringing Liz to tears. She hugged him. "Thank you. You are so understanding and amazing and I'm lucky to have a friend like you," Liz sobbed. "I was raised to be a gentleman, Ma'Lady. And now I understand that we must just be friends, but I'm okay with that." Edward left after another hour of chatting. Then the silence returned, nothing but the steady beeping of the heart monitor.

       Two more weeks later, Elizabeth had lined up three chairs and was taking a nap. The heart monitor beeped it's usual pace. And then. It sped up. Liz awoke to the change in noise. "Nurse! Nurse! Something's happening!"

       (Sorry this was shorter than usual =-p)