Chapitre 17 : La Glace à L'amour

Remy was glad that it was Sunday since he got to sleep in again. Looking back, although they did have some conflicts, he seemed to be very happy dating Git. Not only because Git takes him to magical places so that he can escape from some of his physical problems, but he is also there for him whenever he has emotional problems. However, he was still guilty when he argued with Git the day he lost the rest of his customers after that one drunk customer incident. I hope I don't fight with him again. He thought. But then he decided to let it go since they both apologized and forgave each other. After thinking for a moment, he put his blanket over himself and fell back into sleep.

When he woke up again, it was around 11:00. Feeling much more refreshed, he got out of bed and walked towards the kitchen. Then he noticed a letter from Linguini. Hey, little chef! You were sleeping and I didn't want to wake you up. So I'm leaving you a note to tell you that I'm out to meet my financial advisor. Also, I bought some ice cream if you want to try them. Help yourself! See you in the evening!

After reading the letter, Remy smiled and headed towards the stove to cook himself a nice, relaxing brunch. What should I eat for brunch today? Remy thought as he looked inside the refrigerator. After some time debating with himself, he took out some milk, eggs, and a large bag of pancake mix. After flipping some pancakes, he placed one of them on one plate and stacked the rest of them on the other plate. Then he wondered what to put on the pancake. He grabbed a bunch of blueberries and strawberries, a bottle of chocolate syrup, and a bucket of ice cream Linguini bought. Remy never ate ice cream before, so he sniffed to see what was in the ice cream.

"Hmm," Remy said as he sniffed, "Milk, eggs, vanilla bean, condensed milk, a little bit of sugar, pinch of salt, heavy cream, and small twists of strawberries and cherries!" Then he tried a little bit of ice cream with his finger. His eyes widened. "This would go beautifully with my pancakes! I gotta try this!" Remy loved improvising. Although he never had ice cream with anything before, he knew, just by analyzing the ingredients, that his pancakes would go great with the ice cream.

He first placed blueberries and strawberries on the outer layer of the pancake, plopped a chunk of ice cream on the center, and carefully poured the chocolate syrup on top of the ice cream. He grabbed a spoon, got a spoonful of pancake with ice cream and berries, and closed his eyes as he chewed. Oh, ummm, yeah. He thought as he chewed and swallowed. Not only the taste was good, but he felt so much happier as the ice cream melted in his mouth and rushed down through his throat. Oh my goodness, Remy thought as he swallowed. He sighed mellowly as he took another bite of the ice-cream pancake. He felt as if all of the pain from his problems were all soothing now.

After his nice brunch, he decided to turn on some of his favorite musics on the radio and relax. I should let Git try some ice cream if he gets a chance. Remy thought as he sat down on the windowsill and looked at the sky. Then he saw a somewhat big figure climbing on the outside on the windowsill. Well, what do you know! Remy thought. Just when I thought about him. He opened the window to let Git inside.

"Git, I'm serious," Remy said as he walked in, "I was just thinking about you when you arrived."

"Why am I not surprised," Git said sarcastically, yet friendly. "What should we do?"

"Just relax," Remy said jumped back into his bed. Git walked up to his bed and lifted him. "Whoof!" Remy exclaimed as he was being carried.

"Come on," Git said pleadingly as he carried him, "I didn't come all the way here to 'just relax'. Let's hang out."

"Well, what do you want to do?" Remy asked, gazing at his face. "There is really nothing to do besides watching TV or listening to music."

"We always find something to do," Git said even more pleadingly than before.