Chapitre 40 : Le Quatrième Tourisme

After he finished his work on Friday, he quickly went home and looked for some books and brochures about where they can visit in Paris. So far they have visited Eiffel Tower, Champs-Élysées, Arc de Triomphe, and Notre Dame. "Let's see..." Remy said to himself as he looked through books and brochures. "There is... Louvre, Musée d'Orsay, Montmartre, Sacré-Cœur, Sainte-Chapelle, Jardin du Luxembourg, Latin Quartier, Palais Garnier... man there are a lot of places to visit! Where should I go with Git?" He sat down as he looked at his happy choices. "I can't decide right now, I should do some baking." That's what he did every time when he couldn't make up his mind. He made a dough, made several dozens of mini donuts, put them on a pan, and baked it. While waiting, he continued to look up places to visit. "Palais Garnier seems very interesting. Just because I don't pick one, that doesn't mean I can't visit any other places anymore. All right, Palais Garnier is it!" When the donuts were done, he glazed them with regular glaze and chocolate. "Mmm, it smells so good!" He said as he sniffed his own perfection of deserts. He wrote a letter next to the mini donuts saying, "Dear Linguini and Colette, this is my little gift for you for helping me with competition, and the placement test. Sincerely, Remy." Then he felt somewhat tired, took a warm shower to relieve himself, and went to bed. He fell asleep almost immediately when he lied down.

Remy stood up, somewhere he didn't recognize. Where am I? He thought as he looked around. To him, it seemed like a paradise. Whoa, look at this place! He thought as he walked around. Funny, he thought. Because there seemed to be no other signs of life, except him. It's very quiet around here, he thought as he listened carefully in the area. It was dead silent. This must be a dream again. He pinched himself. Yup. It's definitely a dream. But what kind of dream was this? All of the sudden, he smelt something. I can smell things in my dream? He sniffed around. Smells like... chocolate cake. Remy thought as he followed the trace of smell. The smell got closer, and closer, and closer. Huh? It looked like a ballroom, full of rats.

"Remy, there you are!" Emile called him. He walked up to Remy and said, "Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you!"

Remy was very confused. "Emile, what is this place?"

"Do you not recognize your own restaurant?" Emile was also confused.

"The renovation is finished already?" Remy asked as he looked around.

"Remy, it was finished long time ago..." Emile replied. Both of them were confused, but in different ways. "Anyways, let's go."

This is a weird dream, but it's really nice. Remy thought as he looked around the renovated restaurant. Although it was a dream, he knew that he should look around for a bit and keep the images in his mind so that he can request it to Ego. Something slightly tapped him from behind. "Oh, hi, Git."

"Remy I'm so proud of you getting your restaurant this big." Remy hugged to thank his compliment. "Now, little chef, will you do me a favor and wake up?" Remy was confused. Then something shook him. All he heard was "Wake up, little chef."

When Remy opened his eyes, he saw Linguini in front of him. "I'm sorry that I woke you up, but there's something that I really want you to see." He brought up a blueprint. "So, we're deciding that this is how it will look like when we do the renovation. Since you're the chef, you have a big voice. Do you want any changes, or are you satisfied with it?" Remy looked carefully at the blueprint. He was surprised because some of the scenes were similar to what he had dreamed.

Of course, not all were same and similar, but Remy was satisfied. He wrote, "Satisfied." Linguini smiled and said,

"Okay, I'll turn it in now so that they can start the renovation. It'll take around 3 weeks. Are you okay with that?" Remy nodded his head yes. "Thank you, little chef. Do you have plans today?" Remy nodded yes. "Okay, have fun!" Linguini exited the apartment to turn in the blueprints. Remy stood up to get ready to go out with Git. He looked into the mirror and fixed himself like he always does before going out with him.