Chapitre 37 : Une Surprise Sombre

In the middle of the dawn, it was very dark and cold. Everyone was asleep. Children, teenagers, young adults, middle-age adults, old people, they were all sleeping peacefully. However, in the colony, things were busy, very busy, so busy in fact, everything in the colony was being moved from place to place. Despite the darkness that blocked the visions of everyone and the coldness kept hitting their body, the rats who were still active in the colony kept working. Working hard for something. They were seriously while getting ready for something, especially one. One of the rats was working especially hard to get things prepared. One, huge, so huge in fact, it is safe to say that he's the biggest one in the colony. "Perfect... perfect..." the hardest working rat said to himself as he checked around the colony. He thanked everyone, who went back to sleep. Then, instead of going back to sleep, he waited, silently waited... patiently waiting for his one and only victim.

Even though Remy likes to wake up early for work, he still loves sleeping in on weekends. Late December morning in Paris was always bright and chilly. He stretched, got out of his bed, and headed towards the kitchen to boil some water and prepare a cup of nice warm tea to start off his morning routines. He would always start with morning tea when he wake up in weekends. He loved it. "Ah, Korean citron tea is always pleasant in this lovely morning." Remy admired the tea as he sipped it from the cup and looked at the sunshine. He let out a deep sigh as he finished his tea. The warmth of the tea seemed to send the coldness away from his skin.

Still wanted to satisfy himself even more, he filled the sink with warm water. He let his body sink into the warm water. "Ahhhhh..." Now that felt really good for Remy. It was so comfortable that he felt like falling asleep. He allowed himself to sink himself into the warm water. The warm water caressed Remy's cheek. He allowed the air to turn into a large bubble and come back up. He dried his face and put some facial cream. Ahhh... this is my favorite part of morning during the weekend. I wish I have time to do this everyday. But, restaurants open early and I cherish my sleep. Oh well... at least I get a chance to do this. When the facial cream dried out, he dunk his face in the water again to remove the cream. When he felt that he had enough bath time, he dried himself with a silky towel, which stroke him lovingly.

After resting in the warm water for several minutes he fixed himself some warm breakfast: fried-egg, bacon strips, and few pieces of French toasts. He elegantly sliced a piece from a fried-egg, slice from a bacon strip, and a slice of French toast, put them all together, and luxuriated the taste. There was nothing better in the morning than a warm cup of tea, warm water bath, and warm breakfast. The tea has satisfied his throat, the warm bath satisfied his skin, and the breakfast satisfied his taste buds and stomach. After finishing his breakfast, he checked himself in the mirror, and then stepped out of the apartment to visit his colony. Now that his mother is back, he was even happier visiting the colony. Good news is that he made more friends than before, although he spends more time with Git and his immediate family. Feeling brighter than usual, he skipped to the colony.

When he arrived at the colony, Emile hurried and went up to him and shrieked, "Remy! Remy! Remy! Help! Help!" He breathed heavily.

"Calm down, Emile! What happened?" Remy asked, confused as Emile was startled all of the sudden.

"Some rats... some rats... captured mom and dad... and they wanted you..." Emile stuttered in fear.

Remy was shocked. Who was aiming for their parents? Why? Remy's mind started to race. "Wh-what happened to Git?"

"He went in there... an hour ago... but he didn't return... now they want you... I'm scared, Remy... What are we gonna do?"

"It's okay, I'll handle it. Where are they?" The truth is, Remy was also very scared, but he had to be brave to save his loved ones.