Chapitre 3 : Enfin, C'est Un Succès, Mais...

Now that Remy know what to do with the chicken steak, he made sure he had everything ready: chicken breasts, and his own white wine sauce.

"Well, little chef," Linguini said, "Are you ready for today?"

Remy nodded confidently.

"All right," Colette said with a wink and a smile on her face, "Good luck!"

When the first customer came in, he ordered chicken steak.

"That's odd," Colette said, "after what happened yesterday, there is someone who is willing to order it."

"Well, we have second chance," Linguini said, "bon chance, little chef!"

Remy repeated what he did last night with Git. He roasted the chicken at a medium level fire in the beginning, lowered it towards the end, carefully placed the steak on the plate, and spread the special white wine sauce. This time, he also made the samples for Colette and Linguini to try. They had the same reaction of Git.

"Oh wow!" Linguini exclaimed with amazement. "It's so much better!"

"This is very moist and not too jerky this time!" Colette remarked, "Nice job, now let's serve the plate to the customer!"

Linguini served the dish to the customer. Even though they liked the taste and the texture, they still nervously waited for the customer's reaction. As the customer took a first bite into the chicken steak, Remy, Colette, and Linguini gulped at the same time. The customer's eyes opened wide in an amazement. He continued to eat faster and faster as he enjoyed the taste. After several more slicing and chewing, his plate was soon empty, practically clean as he licked off all the sauce with a bread. Remy sighed with relief. Linguini smiled in satisfaction as the customer called him to compliment the dish.

"That was amazing," the customer said, "Thank you." After he finished, he paid and left. Some customers who were still deciding what to eat as they looked at the first customer eat, they all ordered chicken steak. During break after lunch rush, Django and Emile visited Remy.

"Well, how was the new recipe?" Django asked.

"Although I failed yesterday," Remy started, "I was able to fix it. Now more people are ordering it." he finished his words with full of pride.

"Why don't we have a party in our colony?" Emile suggested, "You know, since Remy finally made his new recipe work?"

"Splendid," Django said, "we will set up everything."

"Oh, don't go through this trouble," Remy said.

"It's nice to have this kind of party once in awhile," Emile resisted, "it's like what happened when we found you alive."

"Alright, I won't stop you guys," Remy said.

"Well then, see you after you get off of your work," Django said as they both left the bistro with excitement. All Remy could think about was celebrating this special occasion with Git at the colony. I really need to thank him for what he did for me last night. He couldn't wait.

Same thing happened during dinner rush. Majority of the customers ordered Remy's special chicken steak. They all had same reaction; their knives, forks, and mouths did not stop moving. While everything was going smoothly, until they recognized a well-known critic coming in. She ordered the chicken steak. Linguini, Colette, and Remy watched the critic as she carefully examined the steak and took a bite. Before even swallowing, her eyes wide opened, and called Linguini to talk to him.

At a distance, Colette saw the critic talking to Linguini. Linguini came back into the kitchen, except, with an empty plate and a smile across his face.