Chapitre 1: Un Nouveau Rêve D'amour

A/N: I originally wrote this for my own satisfiction, but after my friends have read this fanfiction, they wanted me to publish it on WattPad, so that's what I'm starting to do. I hope you enjoy it!

It has been only 4 months since their bistro, La Ratatouille opened, and people are already seeking for new menu. What to do... what to do... Remy has looked up various ingredients and went into a deep thought. He was deciding what type of new menu he should come up with all the ingredients in front of him. Even after the last diner left, Remy was still thinking what to make besides soup, ratatouille, and beef steak.

"Hey little chef," Linguini called, "I'm gonna close the store now, are you going to stay here a little longer to think?"

Remy nodded as he faced him and flipped through the pages.

"All right. See you later, little chef!" Linguini said as he left.

"Now what to do..." Remy said to himself as he stood in front of all the ingredients in front of him. Remy sighed as he reread the orders for today. He kept flipping them and noticed that so many customers ordered steak today. Then he had an epiphany. "Hmm, what if I make chicken steak? Sure is not as luxurious as beef, but it should be worth trying!" He said to himself. He wanted to use something besides regular steak sauce he used for the beef steak. What to use that would make the taste unique... chicken is a different type of meat. He thought as he wandered around the kitchen. As he wandered around, he grabbed some onion, dry white wine, white wine vinegar, butter, and some fresh chives. I think these ingredients should do the trick, he thought.

Then Remy felt very tired to think all of a sudden, so he decided to call it for the day and head back to Linguini's house, where he always stayed even after the bistro opened since Linguini provided everything for him when he lived in the apartment. He looked around to make sure everything was off, checked the door to see if it was locked, and exited the bistro through his own exit.

It has been a long day, he thought to himself, What should I eat for dinner? Clam Chowder? Omelette? Mashed Potatoes? Oh, I'm craving soft food tonight.

As he stretched, yawned, and thought about his dinner menu as he continued to walk, a woman suddenly screamed, "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!"

Immediately, humans tried to hit Remy or stomp on him. Remy tried running away as quickly as possible. Even though he was so tired and ready to fall, his legs kept running around to dodge all their violent attacks. Humans didn't give up either. They didn't want to see any creepy creatures in their sight. Oh, I'm done for... Remy thought as he tripped and rolled around. Then something carried him, took him away from the chaos, and hid under the grate. Remy looked and tried to figure out who was carrying him as he breathed heavily.

"Git?" he asked in amazement, "Is that you?" Git is one of Emile's closest friends. He is known to be the biggest and strongest rat in their colony. He even has the impressive ear tag that is labeled as 'A113'.

"Yes, Remy," Git replied modestly.

"What brings you here?" Remy asked, confused, yet amazed.

"Well, your father told me to be your 'bodyguard' when you head back to that human friend's house. He seemed to be worried about you walking home by yourself since you rarely walk inside the grate." Git replied.

"Oh," Remy said, "but how come I did not know about this? Wasn't he here in the bistro today?" he asked him again.

"He just decided that right after the closing hour," Git replied, "I was just gonna tell you right after he told me but then you left just like that. Luckily I caught up to you and save you from those humans."