Chapter 13

I woke up and the clock read 7:25. I got up from the bed and opened my blinds. It was morning. I had been asleep for over 12 hours. I was still tired. I slipped on an old sweatshirt that was washed so much it was super comfy. I went downstairs to get breakfast. My mom was awake of course. She always went to bed early and woke up early so she could focus on her work. My mom was a lawyer and she was always busy with work. The local morning show was on. We watched it every morning. 

I went to my kitchen to get a bowl of cereal when I heard the last two words I wanted to hear this morning. One Direction. They were being interviewed on the show and they later preformed. "Ughhhhhh." I hadn't stopped thinking about Niall. Even though I hated him so much I still loved him. 'Come on Sydney. He was a jerk to you. You can't love him'. I thought a lot about what happened. I sighed. I had felt so depressed. I didn't know what to do with myself. 

I brought my bowl of cereal up stairs to my bedroom. I checked my phone. 10 missed calls from Niall <3. I should change that contact to Asshole  <3. He left me a voicemail. God his voice was magical. I could listen to that voice forever. 

"Sydney please call me back. Please talk to me. Just let me explain. I feel horrible for what I did. I can make it up to you if you just give me a second chance. Just please, call me back." I replayed the voicemail over and over again. How could someone I love hurt me so much? There was another voicemail. It was from Danielle. "Sydney are you ok? I haven't heard from you and I just wanted to make sure you're ok. Harry told me about what happened with you and Niall. I'm so sorry babe. Niall said he's really sorry. You should talk to him, or at least me. Please call me." I texted her back. I didn't feel like talking to anyone.

'I'm ok. I just kind of want to be left alone. We'll hang out.'

_____________________________________________________________________________

For the next week I stayed in bed watching 90210 on Netflix. I didn't really know what to do with myself at this point. I hadn't talked to Niall in exactly 2 weeks. I completely shut out One Direction from my life. Instead of listening to their music, I listened to rap. Instead of going on twitter, I read a book. Instead of constantly talking about One Direction, I hardly talked at all. I didn't know anything else but One Direction. They were my everything.

My mom was worried about me. She hadn't seen me so bad like this since my dad had died. "Sydney maybe you should get out of the house today. Some fresh air will do you good." She said. She looked at me with a troubled look. "Ok. Just to the store, thats it." She nodded to reassure me.

My mom and I went to the grocery store to pick up some food for dinner. We planned to cook dinner tonight together. Just for the two of us. It felt good, her caring for me. I slipped on a coral romper and white vans and I put my hair in a long braid. Niall still wouldn't stop calling me. We Found Love wouldn't stopped playing. It played over and over again as Niall's ringtone. I was tempted to throw my phone at the wall. 

When we got to the market my mom told me a few things I needed to get for her. I went over to the dairy section to get a carton of milk. Over the racks of food I saw that familar blonde, spiked up hair. I hid behind the rack and tried to sneak around the opposite direction from which he was coming in. I didn't do too well of hiding because he came up behind me.

"Sydney! Oh my gosh I've missed you dearly. I'm so so sorry. I never want to hurt you again." He said this while giving me a big bear hug. I saw Louis, Liam, Harry, and Zayn wondering around the store. I tried walking away but he grabbed my wrist before I could escape. He stared into my eyes with those big blue puppy eyes of his. It almost looked like he was trying to figure out what I was thinking.  "Niall I don't think this is a good time to talk to me.........I'm still really mad at you." He looked devastated after I said that. Now he knows how I feel. I hated seeing him this way. But he really hurt me. I was scared to forgive him because I didn't to get hurt again. "Call me when you're ready to talk to me ok? I hope you'll find to forgive me someday. I won't stopped waiting for you Sydney." He kissed my nose. I loved how he did that. I loved him. "I love you", he blurted out. I just left him standing there.

I ran away from him. Away from everything. Away from my messed up life. I ran out of the market and onto the street and I just kept running. I was sobbing. I ran across the street and I almost got hit by a car. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I yelled through the tears. I yelled at the driver even though they probably couldn't hear me. I started crying so hard I had to stop running. I covered my eyes with my hands, crying into them, I sat down on the curb. I could see my mascara running down my face. I got a lot of weird looks but I didn't care. I sat there crying for a long time until I couldn't cry anymore. When it got dark I slowly walked back home. It wasn't too far.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I woke up in the middle of the night. Well actually 2 am to be exact. I had thought a lot about what Niall said. His face showed that he looked sorry. Just the way he looked at me with those eyes. He even said the three words. Yeah, the three words. Those three little words that are said too much but not enough. People said those three words like it didn't mean anything. It means the world to me. I've always been a hopeless romantic, trying to believe in love. Just the way Niall said, 'I love you' made my heart melt. That must mean I'm in love with him too. "Love", whatever it is, finally felt real for me. I knew what I had to do. 

I got out of bed and slipped a North Face Jacket over the big, baggy shirt and pjama shorts I wore to bed. I creeped downstairs trying not to wake up my mom. It was pouring rain outside so I ran to my car. I got in my car and drove to their hotel. I went up to their suite dripping wet and I tried to knock on the door. Yeah, I tried. I lifted my fist up to the door but I just couldn't do it. I sighed loudly and then yawned. It was late. I couldn't bother to do anything now. Just as I started to walk away I heard a door open. I looked over my shoulder and I saw him. 

I turned around and saw him standing there. "I....I.....I don't even know why I came here........... I'm sorry to bother you." I started for the elevator when he grabbed my arm. He stared into my eyes and didn't say anything. He cupped his hands around my face and started to kiss me passionately. At first I didn't want to kiss him back because he hurt me so much but I did anyway. I loved him so much that I could overlook him yelling at me if he was truly sorry. We stood out in the hall kissing each othe passionately. At one point I stopped, bit my lip and smiled. He kissed me again. It was one of those super cliche passionate kisses you always see in the movies.

Author's Note:

Having a bit of a writer's block as you might call it but I'm slowly writing the next chapter. Thanks for reading! Vote for the chasing cars lyric refrence (: