Chapter 16

Sydney's POV:

"Sydney I....... I don't know how to say this but I...... I have too.." Niall barely choked out those few words. I went to him and hugged him tight, I didn't want to let him go but he unwrapped my arms from his waist.  He then held my hands in his and looked into my eyes. "Sydney I have to go. I have to go tonight. We have to finish our tour and that means I won't be seeing yo...." I slowly backed away from him. A million things suddenly rushed through my mind. I closed my eyes tight. This can't be happening. I must be having a nightmare, I thought to myself. I opened my eyes to find myself not having a nightmare. He was still standing there before me. "Wait, are you breaking up with me?..... Just because you're going on tour doesn't mean I can't see you anymore Niall! We can make this work, we just have to try..." I fled to him to give him a hug but he rejected me. I felt so foolish and defeated. He didn't say a word. He just stared at me with the icy blue eyes. Tears streamed down my face. I was crying so much I could hardly see. "Get out. Get out of my house. I mean it Niall........ get out of my house!" I screamed. I never wanted to see him again. He left without saying a word. He ran out as quickly as he could but I still caught a glimpse of him crying.

Niall's POV:

"Sydney I have to go. I have to go tonight. We have to finish our tour and that means I won't be seeing you.." Management made me break up with her before going back on tour. I didn't really have a choice. She tried to hug me but I rejected her. I didn't want to make this harder then it really was. I left before she could see how much I was crying.

5 MONTHS LATER

Sydney's POV: 

"Sydney we're going to be late! You've been getting ready for hours now I bet you look beautiful! Get your pretty little butt down here!" "I'm coming, I'm coming!" I had been planning for this day for months. I bought my dress weeks ahead of time so no one would have it, I got my hair, nails, and makeup done . Tonight was going to be perfect.

"There you are!" Kyle pecked me on the lips and smiled. He checked me out looking at me from head to toe. "Wow.... you look beautiful." I blushed. My face looked even redder with all of this makeup on. I wore a beautiful chiffon, coral, long ball gown with a beaded bust with thin straps that went over my shoulders and a coral band under the bust to top it off {AN: Dress in sidebar}. Kyle wore a classic black and white tux. "You don't look too bad yourself!" I responded back.

"Are we ready to go? I'm so excited I can't wait to get there!" I yelled nearly walking out of the door, I was so excited. "I think you're forgetting something." He pulled out a small clear box. Inside was the most beautiful corsage I had ever seen. It matched my dressed perfectly with little jewels to match the top of my dress. It was made of white roses, my favorite. He knew me so well. He carefully slipped it on my wrist so he wouldn't poke me. "It's beautiful babe. Thank you." I kissed him and he kissed me back. "I love you." I mumbled. My mom walked in on us kissing in the entryway. "Ok then... umm... can we take some pictures before you guys go?" I nodded. My mom didn't approve of Kyle because of his past but she learned to like him for my sake. "I almost forgot!" I ran into the hallway and into the kitchen to get his boutonniere from the refrigerator. I tried to pin it on him but I failed miserably, my mom had to do it for me. Even though I had been to a few date dances in my lifetime, I could never attach the boutonniere right. Kyle and I were both Juniors by now, next year we'd be going off to college together. It was all planned out.

After what seemed like hundreds of pictures and poses we finally left for the pre-party. All of my friends and I rented a limo for the night and Kyle and I picked them all up. I wasn't friends with Danielle anymore. After Niall left I completely changed. I dyed my hair a caramel brown, moved schools and made all new friends. I never talked or thought about One Direction. After we picked up Jenna, Kendall, Katie, and their dates, we made our way to the hotel where prom was being held. 

Niall's POV:

"I'm sooooo tired. I need my beauty sleep!" Zayn had been complaining all day. Management had us travelling non stop for months and we were all tired. We had just landed in Los Angeles to do a special VIP concert and we had a few hours to spend in our hotel before we had to get ready. Everyone tried to get some sleep before tonight. The jet lag was terrible coming from London. Harry threw a pillow at Zayn. "Shut up Zayn stop being so vain... you're not going to get any sleep complaining so much!", Harry yelled. Zayn pouted and went back to sleep. Being in California automatically made me think of Sydney although I hadn't stopped thinking about her ever since we said goodbye. I wonder what she was doing at this very moment. I bet she was doing fine without me. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Sydney's POV:

"Kyle come on let's get you inside before your mom sees you." Okay so prom wasn't that great. All of my "friends" had gotten drunk including Kyle. I had told myself that I would finally drink but I didn't have the guts to do it. "Come on babbyyyy come insidee. You promised you'd lose your virginity to mee tonightt. Iiiiiii promissseee I'lll make itt ssspecial!" He poked his finger in my face and I rolled my eyes in disgust. I hated Kyle when he was drunk. "Kyle you're drunk and you need to go home. Good night." I left him at the doorstep but he ran after me. "You'rreee cominng with me whetherrr you likee it or not!" His words were slurred, I could barely understand him. But I understood what was happening when he grabbed my wrist and started dragging me into the house. I defended myself by punching him in the nose and then kneeing him right in the balls. I ran away to the empty limo before he could catch me. The limo driver was busy talking on the phone and he didn't notice a thing. I started sobbing ruining all of my perfected makeup.  

_____________________________________________________________________________

I woke up to see it was 12 pm. I was still in my prom dress with all of my makeup smeared down my face. I was a complete mess. I tried to go back to sleep because I was still dreadfully tired but I couldn't because of the light coming in from the window. I got out of bed to hear something outside my window. I opened up the blinds to see pebbles being thrown at my window. Someone was trying to get my attention by throwing tiny rocks at my window. As I finished opening up the blinds I could see, it was him.

Author's Note:

I hope you guys liked this chapter I think it was the best chapter yet! Lots of drama happening now its so exciting. Who do you think is throwing pebbles at Sydney's window? Is it Kyle trying to win her back or Niall coming back into her life? 

I'm sorry about the cliffhanger but it felt needed. Comment down below who you think it is (: Don't forget to vote!