Chapter 10

Mallory's POV

I wake up shower then get dressed in a pair of shorts and a black shirt that says keep calm and hide behind Zak Bagans I walk in the kitchen then stop. Nick had made breakfast and was eating with the kids my eyes go over to the counter and I see a vase of roses I walk over lean in then breathe in their rich scent I pick up the card look down at it then read it. "I love you and I'm not giving up." Nick walks over to me and I look at him "Thank you for the flowers they're beautiful. You didn't have to." He takes a step closer then looks down at me. "You're welcome I'm glad you like them. I wanted to it's my way of saying thank you." He starts the dishes and I look back at the flowers Nick wanted another shot he wanted us to work out.

Brian's POV

Brian's POV

I look down and see Nick calling hopefully he was doing better since the last time the two of us talked. "Hey Nick how are things going?" "I found her B-Rok her and the kids are in Wyoming I'm with them right now." He sounded excited almost back to his old self again which was great!! "Just take things slow Nick, you still have a lot to work out." I hear him take a deep breath then he tells me how things are going. "Don't worry Brian it's going good so far I'm not going to push her. I told her how I felt and how sorry I am. I'm just going to wait and spend my time with the kids." Nick had a plan which was good I hoped the two of them could fix things and get back together.

Nick's POV

As I'm walking back to the guest room late that night I stop when I hear muffled screaming coming from Mal's room I go down the hall open the door then walk in. She's tossing and turning all over the bed her body was covered in sweat she was having a nightmare I walk over then sit on the bed "Mal wake up!!" She tosses and turns some more "Baby wake up you're having a nightmare!!!" She sits up suddenly and her breathing comes out in shallow pants. I see the tears in her eyes I lean forward then wipe them away and move her hair from her face. "It's okay it was just a bad dream." She nods then looks at me. "Will you stay with me?" I nod then get in bed next to her and wrap my arms around her she curls up against me then falls asleep a few seconds later. I hoped this was a sign we were going to be okay I would gladly chase away all her bad dreams. I yawn as all the sleepless nights catch up with me then a few minutes later I fall into a sound sleep.

Mallory's POV

I wake up yawn then roll over and watch Nick sleep I had missed him a lot during the last six months. It was good to have him with me last night it felt like it always did, I start thinking to myself if this was right then what made Nick cheat on me and why I wanted to know I needed to know what was going on. I want my husband and our life back I was ready for us to be a family again I was still hurt over him cheating but I was willing to give Nick another shot I wanted to get back together. I sigh because it was time for us to talk about it and it would either make things worse or help us get past this hopefully it would be the second one.

Nick's POV

I take a deep breath as me, Mal and the counselor gather around the table it was time for us to talk she needed to know why. I run my hands through my hair then look over at Mal, "I wasn't planning on cheating I want you to know that more than anything. The reason I cheated on you is I just got to feeling lonely I missed you a lot and she was there." She takes a deep breath then looks over at me and I can tell that she's upset. "I know you didn't plan to cheat but you did and it hurts. Knowing that was the reason why you cheated hurts even more I was lonely too but I never thought or even wanted to be with someone else." She stands up then walks out of the kitchen leaving me alone with the counselor. I was hurt and disappointed I wanted this to keep working I don't go after her I let her have some space. I sit and continue talking to the counselor about this, I stay determined because I still wanted her.