Chapter 11

Nick's POV

The next day I give Mal a little more space she was still upset after what I had said during our meeting with the counselor. I walk outside then sit down under a tree I pull out my phone and call the realtor I was going to sell the house in LA, and let him know that in a few months I would be putting our house in Franklin would be up for sale too. I had been here on the ranch with Mal for about a week now I could tell that she was happy here I needed to do something big to show Mal just how sorry I was she loved the ranch and the horses so I had a plan. I was going to find her a ranch and a horse it was going to be my apology gift I hoped it helped because things still weren't okay between us.

Mallory's POV

I let out a sigh as I look in the mirror after I take a shower I get dressed, dry my hair then start thinking to myself. I was still hurt and bothered with Nick cheating especially now that I knew why he did it, I couldn't understand how the feeling of being lonely would make you cheat I had been lonely while Nick was gone but I never thought of cheating on him. Why would Nick do that? I look in the mirror and wonder if it was because he was tired of me or if I just wasn't enough for him I leave the bathroom then go in the living room. I look out the window and see Nick playing with Jack and Katherine and I wonder if I will ever get past it.

Nick's POV

I walk in the living room late that night and see Mal watching TV I walk over to the couch then check to see if she's still awake. I sit down then look over at her "Why are you still up Mal?" She looks at me then shrugs "I couldn't sleep." "Are you okay I know that all of this bothers you do you want to talk?" She sits up then meets my eyes. "I'm still hurt Nick I keep thinking that I'm not enough and that I'm not pretty enough to be with you but I still love you." I reach over and hold her hand then feel a spark. "No that's not true at all it's not you it's me You are beautiful, funny smart and loving. You have a wonderful heart you're a great wife and mother. Don't ever think any less of yourself." She looks up at me "Thanks Nick." "I love you Mal more than anything I'm the one who's not good enough for you, but I'm going to fix me and spend forever trying to be the man you deserve I promise." I lean in then kiss her and to my surprise she kisses back then wraps her arms around my neck.

Mallory's POV

I pull away then look at Nick. "Thank you for that. I want to fix this I want us back whatever we have to do let's do it together." Nick smiles for the first time since he's shown up here he takes my hand then kisses my wrist and looks at me. "I'm so glad to hear you say that!! I know it won't be easy I hurt you but I know that we can do this." It was good to see Nick happy and excited again I needed to fix him like we needed to fix our relationship but together we could fix this. I stand up and Nick gives me a confused look "Come on let's get some sleep." He nods then takes my hand we go to my room then go to bed Nick falls asleep first and I fall asleep a few minutes later.