Chapter Eight; Say Something

Harry

I don't know why my head pounds, why everything seems to be spinning or why I think I am about to throw up. It's an odd feeling and honestly, it's easier to just let it eat me alive.

I frown, though it doesn't feel the same.

And then I feel the panic.

My chest slimming down, keeping hold of the oxygen that has managed to get into my lungs―and squeezes. Everything inside of me is strangled, my breaths, the air and most of all myself. My head spins twice as much and my body starts to quiver at a high speed.

What the hell is going on with me?

In the next second everything goes dark.

Is this what death feels like? No breaths? Not sound?

And not a thought?

Liam

"How many more fucking times are we going to end up here? Ey!? For fuck sakes, this needs to stop happening!"

I shut my eyes, Louis's shouts aren't helping.

Though of course, he is right―how many times are we going to face sitting in a waiting room in a hospital for an answer that we are begging to understand? It doesn't make sense how sudden it can all happen and how things can just change.

Go from perfect to an instant disaster.

Is this what life is really made up to be? Or does Karma just have nothing better to do but run around and ruin everything every chance it has? Does everything really happen for a reason? Because right now, I am tired, worried, and beaten with everything that has gone through. I cannot imagine how the others feel like, but can life really be this revolting?

"I can't stand this! Being here in these walls they don't fucking help!"

I shake my head, taking in a deep breath before opening my eyes and looking over to Louis, pacing around, rage covering his full feature. He can't stop shouting, he can't stay still and he seems to be seconds away from ripping out his own hair from his skull. His eyes are bloodshot, despite not having cried yet. He's still in complete disbelief, perplexed and most probably many other powerful feelings rushing through his mind. I watch the poor lad, vulnerable, hurt and most probably livid at the entire world at this second.

He must be feeling so small, so drained and torn apart―we probably all are.

"Just why, fuck―why―?"

"Louis, please," I snap.

He stops bitter, turning so that we could face each other.

It doesn't take long before his stare is on mine, entirely crushed and tears threatening to stream down his cheeks. I swallow the lump in my throat and take a deep breath before taking a few steps towards the lad. I watch him hesitantly take a few back, shaking his head and pulling an arm out signalling me to stop.

"Why, Liam? Why?" His broken cries drop to the ground.

It was almost a whisper; I could barely make out his words.

My heart aches looking at the lad.

He's been through so much already and once things start to get better for him they simply crash and burn into something shoddier.

"I don't know, Lou," I reply keeping my voice low.

I try to walk near him once more, this time he doesn't move.