The Chase: An overdue explanation.

Hello there, it's me, JustAKiss22 and it's been a minute. 

It's crazy to think that in 2020 there are still so many readers that are re-reading or sitting down for the first time to read The Chase series that I started back in 2010. That's amazing. I am touched, sincerely.

The reality of it all, unfortunately being that, I am not the same person anymore. I am not the same person behind the computer screen, the same teenager that started this series, the same young woman just writing for fun, the same One Direction fan that has created this world of fiction for the band. I cannot just slide back into that mindset, into that time frame and especially not into the same writing style. The story will be completely different and the gap difference will show. There will be missing pieces, things that don't match up, plot-holes, plot-twists and even more mature drama and content. I don't hold the same intentions, the same love nor the same attachment to this story as I once have. 

This being said, I am still a passionate writer. 

I am in the process of hesitation. 

Do I finish this series? A series that I only remember main ideas from, one that I don't have old drafts for, notes, or even the inspiration I had all these years.
Do I finish this series? The first one I've ever thrown myself into. The first one that started my love for writing, the one that has pushed me into working on personal novels that I am in the process of editing and publishing in the near future.
Do I finish this series? Knowing that it will not be as amazing, nor extraordinary as it would have been if I hadn't decided to "take a break"?
Do I finish a series that I've loved for so long and still do, despite not being in love with it anymore, but hold much care for?

Yes; because it's the first two stories I've ever completed. 

Yes; because of all the time I've put into it, all the words, the meanings and the drama.

Yes; because there are so many people who have fallen in love with my fictional take on the lives of the band-members. 

Yes; because it was my creative outlet for so long, and who doesn't enjoy some good fiction?

Yes; because I still remember how I wanted to end it.

Yes; because I know there is so much that can be done with it, despite not remembering most of the original plot-line.

Yes; because writing is fun, and this story is fun, sad, frustrating and loving.

Yes; because it'll give me a chance to re-read what I've done - unfortunately also cringe at my young self's choices - and re-live old memories.

Yes; because I like a challenge.

Yes; because it deserves as ending, that Ever After.

But, despite all those Yes's...

No, I can't finish this series because it'll never be finished as it will always be at the back of our minds and will always hold a special place in our hearts. No, because this will be a rendered ending, a different story as time has passed. No, because I'll never be done with my writing. And No, because they will be many more readers to come across this story, therefore always finding places in new minds and hearts.

In other words; watch out for new updates that will be posted.

See you all very soon, xoxo