chapter 4

Jack's POV (switching things up :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't just leave her here like this. I haven't left her side for over a week. I've just sat here, holding her hand and praying she wakes up.

The doctors say the bullet Becca took to her leg isn't life threatening, but why is she in a coma now? Why?

I don't understand why this beautiful, amazing girl is in a coma right now. I just don't get it.

The boys have visited every so often. I know I need to be rehearsing for tour but I can't stand to leave her alone. They've accepted that for now, I don't know how much longer that'll last.

"Jack," Corbyn says shaking me from my thoughts," why don't you go get something to eat and I'll watch Becca. It'll be fine, I'll call you if anything happens."

Food. I haven't eaten in a while. I nod my head in reply and gently untangle my hand from Becca's.

Corbyn takes my seat next to her bed and I head to the cafeteria.

Becca's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darkness envelopes me in a never ending stream. I feel like I'm floating but I'm not..

I hear voices, Corbyn's and Jack's maybe..?

I slowly start to regain feeling in my arms and legs. I peel my eyes open and blink away darkness.

The first thing I see is Corbyn standing over me looking worried.

"Rebecca, are you feeling okay? Do you need anything? I should probably call Jack and the doctor, Jack just went to get some food so he'll be right back." Corbyn rambles on.

I sniffle a little giggle about him being so worried about me.

"I'm fine Corbyn." I tell him.

Corbyn breathes out a sigh of relief and the next thing I know, a boy with curly hair rushes into my room and envelops me in a hug.

"Jack, look at me, I'm fine." I tell him when he finally releases me.

"Becca, you have no idea how worried I was about you. I literally had to carry you back to the party after you got shot and call for help," at this point he's starting to tear up and I feel tears coming to my own eyes, "that literally broke my heart when you were bleeding all over me and you wouldn't wake up. You were in a coma for over a week and I..." Jack breaks into a sob.

"Jack..." I pull the crying boy into a hug and I feel as if I could start crying too. I had no idea I was asleep this long. How long has Jack been sitting beside me waiting for me to wake up?

"Jack," I say, " how long have you been sitting here just waiting for me to wake up? I want an honest answer."

"He stayed beside your bed every minute of the day of this week. He never went home." The doctor says answering my question as he comes in the door.

"Hello, Rebecca, how are you feeling?" The doctor says.

------------------------------—–——---------------

Hi guys! :) feel free to leave feedback for me because I would really love to hear it!