chapter 21

"I... don't know." Jack replies lacing his fingers together.

"You don't know....?" I ask him.

"It's hard to explain.." he says trailing off.

"Well? Go ahead!" I say motioning him to start.

"Okay, it started maybe around our tour stop in New York. There was a girl there who asked for my number and for some reason, I gave it to her. I can't explain why I did it, I just did." He says stopping.

"Go on..." I prompt him.

"Well, after I gave her my number we decided to meet up after the show. I thought it was better if I had someone around while we were on tour and she was there and you weren't." He says looking down at his fingers.

"So what? Just because I wasn't around and she was, you decided that basically cheating would be okay?" I ask totally shocked.

"Well, it's not like we were actually dating so I wouldn't call it cheating." He says using air-quotes around dating.

"You can ask anyone and I'm sure they would've thought we were dating." I say angrily.

"Well, I knew that we weren't." He says finally meeting my eyes.

"You know what? I'm done Jack," I say throwing my hands in the air, "you have no right to say things like that! I was falling in love with you! There I finally said it!"

I can't believe he has the nerve to say that right to my face. He literally was messing around with another girl because I wasn't there.

"Wait, what?" Jack asks with a confused look on his face.

"I was falling in love with you Jack!" I scream at him and storm out of the door.

"Becca! Wait!" Jack says scrambling to follow me.

"No, Jack!" I say spinning on my heel to face him,"I waited for you to get done with tour so we could actually stay dating but you were the one that didn't 'wait'. So no, I'm not waiting for you. Just because I said I was falling in love with you doesn't mean you have any right to suddenly act interested in me again."

I storm out of Elise's flat and down to the lobby.

That's it.

I guess Jack and I are...over. This wasn't how things were supposed to go...

We were supposed to fall in love and stay like that and someday get married and have kids...

I guess...life isn't a fairytale after all....

_______________________________

Woahhhhhh....... only 1 more chapter left guys....

Should I do a second book?

But, go check out my other book Serendipity! I'd love it if you did!

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with Touched throughout me writing it!