•XIV•

A Week Later. . .

Tommy's POV:

Today was my kids' birthday. They would both turn eleven. I had gotten Ambrose a birthday card along with fifty dollars in cash. I got the same for Lyric. Adam was coming over and the kids were really excited. I was doing some sprinkle cookies with Lyric and Ambrose when we heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" Both Lyric and Ambrose yelled. They glared at each other, smirked and ran to the door. I walked to the entrance of the kitchen and looked at what they were doing. They both opened the door and gasped. "Adam!"

"Hey guys!" Said Adam as he put down on the floor from what seemed to be a bag, and two boxes. He hugged Lyric and Ambrose, and kissed their cheeks. "Happy birthday kitsune twins." They laughed.

"Thanks." They said and helped Adam pick the things. They placed them on the table and Adam pecked my lips.

"Hi baby." Said Adam. I smiled.

"Hi." I said. "What's in the bag and the boxes?"

"The bag has a gift and so does the very big large box. The other box is a cake."

"Oh, then let's put the cake in the refrigerator." I said. Adam nodded and grabbed the very big box. We made space in the refrigerator and put the cake in the refrigerator. The gifts? We put them in the closet. I grabbed one of the sprinkle cookies and gave it to Adam.

"Thanks!" He said and bit into it. I smiled and he offered me a bite. I bit it and we smiled. We went to the living room where Ambrose was looking outside. We looked outside. There across from the apartment was a rich house. I remember I used to work for the owners of the house, but the owner fired me. Their daughter, Jasmari, had been really mean to me in the house and to Ambrose and Lyric at school.

"What are you looking at?" Asked Adam.

"Her birthday is also today." Said Ambrose. "She always showed off about the birthday party she was going to have."

"And she would tease us because she said Mom would never make us a birthday party."

"Don't listen to her." Said Adam. "She may have a party, but you know what you have?"

"What?" We asked.

"A family." Said Adam. We smiled and hugged. That's when we pulled back.

"Mom, are the cookies ready?" Asked Ambrose.

"Look at what Adam is eating." Said Lyric and we looked at him. He swallowed what he had in his mouth.

"I was given this cookie." Adam said in defense. "So I'm the innocent one here." We giggled. "So kids, anywhere special you want to go to?" They gasped, and smirked

"Mom's diner!" They yelled. I looked at them.

"What?" I asked.

"Your diner." Said Ambrose. I sighed and looked down.

"Fine..." I said. Lyric and Ambrose celebrated. Adam laughed and kissed my temple.

"It'll be alright, Kitten." He said and I smiled at him.

"Okay." I said. "We'll go to my diner." Lyric and Ambrose ran upstairs. Adam wrapped his arms around me. My arms wrapped around his neck and our lips interlocked. After five minutes, Ambrose and Lyric came out nicely dressed. Well, today was going to be special and interesting.