Volume 15

Chapter 1-5

Dwarf's Gift

This chapter was brought to you by AnmesicCat, Baddiez, BDark, Hikaru, Lei, and SlightlySane.

"I think I'd better go now."

When Weed said he would leave Kuruso, the Dwarves were disappointed. They had become friendly through quests and sculptures.

"Do you really have to go?"

Herman asked with a sad voice, "Can't you just continue making sculptures here in Kuruso."

Blacksmiths did not often leave after settling in Kuruso. It had all the facilities and materials for blacksmithing, so there was no need.

Weed shook his head.

"I am a Sculptor. It's difficult if a Sculptor does not travel the wide world and gather experience. Now that I've done what I wanted to do in Kuruso, I shall leave."

He had acquired the secret skill of sculpting!

Although he was unable to find the wooden sculpture that the Sculpting Master had hidden somewhere, he had perceived the secret skill of sculpting on his own.

He had used over 300 Art stat to create the spirits, but at the end of his grinding he had recovered them all.

In the end, all he would leave behind were memories of gruesome grinding in the Dwarven City of Kuruso. Although of course, there were thrilling memories of when he restored Kendellev's water sculptures hidden deep within the lake.

Herman spoke bitterly.

"In the end, you appear to be leaving."
"Yes. I'm sorry."

"Then we will have a Dwarven farewell party."
"There's no need to go that far."

"It is a tradition here in Kuruso."

Though it was a tradition, Weed was uncomfortable and tried to refuse. Herman saw right through Weed's thoughts and began to speak.

"It's an event where all the Dwarves who settled in Kuruso comes out to drink and have fun. Because Blacksmiths spend most of their time polish their skills, they don't come out often. However, all the Blacksmiths will attend the farewell party, and each one will give a present to the departing Dwarf."

"It seems that we definitely have to have a farewell party."

The word present changed Weed's mind. It would be a joyful thing to leave with his belly amply stocked and his hands full of gifts.

Herman added, "Your Dwarven farewell party will probably be the last."

"What? Why?"

"Because the sculptures you restored made the headlines, the number of Dwarves coming to Kuruso has really increased by a lot. Also, there aren't any Dwarves who are as friendly with both the combat-related and crafting-related Dwarves."

The rivalry between the craftsmen meant they felt extreme jealousy towards craftsmen who were more outstanding than themselves. However, Sculptors are not craftsmen and therefore were not regarded as competition, so everyone was comfortable with them. This was also a big part of the reason why Weed was able to become friends with Kuruso's 5 Great Craftsmen, including Herman.

"Since this might be the last farewell party, we'll have to make it magnificent. I'll tell the Dwarves I know to be sure to bring out the goods they've been saving."

"Thank you."

"A Dwarf that's leaving for a journey will need many things, so take this opportunity to get them, hahaha."