C h a p t e r F o u r

Halloween 2015

"Hey I'm leaving, thanks again for covering my shift." Adam said as he took off. I was now alone, at 12:00, in a CVS. I'd been working since 9:00 and now I had about three hours to go. I was cleaning up under the counter when I heard the automatic doors slide open. A beautiful girl walked in with one other girl. It was Spencer and her dumb friend that has a crush on me. I watched as they walked into the candy isle. A couple minutes went by when they appeared again. Spencer plopped down a bag of lollipops and M&M's on the counter.

"We ran out of Halloween candy at the house." She laughed, her laugh was so beautiful, I had to hide my smile. She was dressed as a fairy, she had a green and pink dress, wings, and a flower crown that she bought. Her friend was wearing the "school girl" outfit that she wore every year.

"So, how are things with Adam?" I decided to break the silence as I rung up the candy.

"Oh my goodness! I forgot to thank you for covering his shift. Thank you so much!" She said, smiling. I handed her the bag, trying to hide my jealousy. I've always liked Spencer, so it'd been hard to work with her boyfriend.

"No problem, Happy Halloween!" I laughed as they went out. I looked at the clock, two hours and 45 minutes to go.

Spencer

Something was wrong, something was really wrong. He looked at me, he was so sad, so lost. I wanted to stop it, seeing him so heartbroken. I wanted to know what was wrong.

"Spencer....do you not remember me?" He said as his voice broke. He let go of my hand.

"You need to leave," The obviously pissed nurse said as she burst through the door.

"NOW!" She held open the door as he stood up and walked out. He stopped at the door, his face was orange with the last light of day. He turned around and the nurse closed the door as a doctor stepped into the room.

"Ms. Parks," The doctor said as he sat in the chair the previous man had sat in.

"Spencer Parks?" I nodded my head and flashed a small smile.

"Nice to finally meet you. I'm Dr. Connor. Now, how are you feeling." He smiled as he clicked his pen.

"What happened? Where am I?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"Ms. Parks, I understand that you have many questions, but I just need you to clear a few things up before we get started." He nodded his head.

"So what do you remember?" He asked as he crossed his legs.

"I remember being in a car, and there was two people-men. They were arguing about drugs or something." I said, shaking my head.

"Next thing I knew, I woke up in a shed or something. It was cold, I could hear the birds singing." I added, looking up at Dr. Connor.

"Ok Ms. Parks, now I'll anwser your questions but you might be taken aback." He said as he wrote a few things on his notepad. Taken aback? What is that supposed to mean?

"Spencer, about four months ago," He paused as he gulped.

"You were- you were abducted." I looked at him. I started to put the peices together, and I didn't like the outcome. I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them to Dr. Connor sympathetically looking at me.

"You were taken around the the end of October. Your abductor used specific drugs to prevent you from remembering the past four months. There was alcohol found in your system. We're still trying to identify the drugs, but we're convinced that they were mixed with alcohol for long term memory loss." He stopped himself from going on, realizing that it was too much. He began to stand up but I stopped him.

"Who was he, the man that was here before?" I asked as my eyes watered.

"He should tell you that himself."