C h a p t e r S e v e n

•Anthony•

The stupid smile on my face grew wider and wider until I felt my mouth starting to ache. Spencer was going to stay with me. I still couldn't decide if this was a dream or not. I kept our apartment as clean as I could, so that she'd come back to a clean place. I'm mostly excited for her to 'hopefully' gain back at least some of her memory. I really just hope that she doesn't think I'm coming on too strong.

"You don't have to talk to the police until you're ready." Dr. Connor added, I honestly forgot he was still here.

"Thank you doctor, but when can we leave." Spencer smiled, laughing a bit at the end.

"Well, it seems that you're in good hands and you don't have any broken bones, but, you do have bruises and scars that should be tended to. It's really your choice, you'd only have to stay for tonight." He said as he got up to address the nurse that was at the door.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to stay another night, I wouldn't want you to not recover properly." I said, turning to Spencer. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at her hands as she thought.

"Okay...." She said, trailing off and sounding uncertain. "Yea, what's one night going to do?" She smiled as she shrugged, looking to Dr. Connor. He had a sad expression painted across his face.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked looking to him and the nurse.

"Visiting hours are over for the day." The nurse chimed in. It was the first time I'd gotten a look at her, it was the moody receptionist from earlier. Jesus Christ! Why does she hate me?

"Oh okay, umm." I mumbled as I felt my heart drop a little. "See you tomorrow Spence." I added as I stood up to leave.

"Wait." Spencer said as she grabbed my hand. "Can you stay, please." She let go of my hand, I guess it was a for the moment thing. She looked at me for a moment and then I looked to Dr. Conner. He started at Spencer and I for a moment and then smiled as he nodded.

"Oh! How could I say no to you two? Doctor's orders!" He laughed as he escorted the receptionist/nurse out, turning before he closed the door to wink at me.

•Spencer•

The smile on Anthony's face just kept getting bigger and bigger. I loved his smile, his laugh, just his company even. I'm glad I asked him to stay, I really wanted to get to know him.

"Where were you when it happened?" I felt like I had to ask, but I regretted it after his smile faded and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"At our apartment, I was sick and Margot insisted that you went out. After a couple hours she called me asking if you were at the apartment. She started freaking out when I told her that I thought you were with her. We didn't know what to think so I called the police and told them that you were missing." His voice was flat, sad even. I didn't say anything in response, what was I supposed to say? He was telling me a story that had everything to do with me but I didn't remember any of it. I forgot about Margot, the way her short, blonde hair shook when she danced. The way the red lights gleamed across one side of her face when she dragged me onto the dance floor. She always was down for anything and everything. I guess opposites really do attract.

We talked for a while so Anthony and I decided that it would be fun if he stayed the night so a nurse came in with a blanket and some pillows for him. He sat at the big yellow chair in the corner with orange stripes on it. I watched him as he sat up and tucked his knees to his chest underneath the covers.

"I don't know how you do it?" I smiled as I adjusted my pillow to sleep. I felt my eyes shut as the exhaustion from the day caught up to me. "Mmmm, goodnight Anthony." I managed to whisper.

"G'night Spence." He whispered as he turned off the lamp with a "click."

What a day?