Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N: I know I had said 24 was the last chapter but 25 was too long so I've splitted it. I hope you enjoy it!

...........................................................................

The lights in the cinema were turned on as the film ended. Chris’ head remained on my shoulder for a few more seconds before he sat up straight and stretched, his shirt lifting up in the process, letting me sneak a peak of his taut stomach,  “Quite a predictable ending, huh?” he stated.

I just gazed at him, entranced by the view, the film had been rubbish but he was so perfect at the moment that he made me forget about it completely. God, he was so undeniably handsome, he was striking, he was a feast to anyone’s eyes and I was so entirely crazy about him.

“I know that look, Jonny boy,” he said with an impish grin and poked at my stomach.

“Ow!” I giggled.

“You pervy little thing, you.”

“There’s nothing wrong with admiring the person you love,” I told him.

“For someone so shy and introverted, you have turned out to be quite the charmer Mr. Buckland,” he said in a sly tone getting on his feet.

“That’s what you do to me,” I replied, still lying back on my seat.

He shook his head with a tiny smile and shrugged into his coat. I resisted the urge to reach out and run my hand on that flat and smooth stomach of his, if only there weren’t so many people around. He was so gorgeous and I was so lucky to have found him, I thought while I regarded him with adoring eyes.

“Are you going to stay there until the other film starts or what?” he laughed wrapping his scarf around his neck.

I breathed out, “I guess not.” I swiftly put my jacket on and stood up next to him.

There were only five more people left in the room apart from us, I realised after a quick look around. We better hurried or we wouldn’t get a nice table, I didn’t fancy sitting near the toilets.

I turned to him and smiled, it was always the same with Chris, I bit down a laugh and straightened the collar of his coat and rearranged his scarf so it looked more presentable before indicating him to start walking. “Thanks, Jon,” He took my hand discretely and was on his way. I followed him down the stairs, my hand still in his and I was at his side when we reached the hall of the cinema. My step was halted by a pull on my arm as he had abruptly stopped walking.

I turned to him inquisitively.

“Are we...are we going to get some tea or dinner or something?” he asked.

 “Yes, of course, babe, as usual, why?”

“I don’t want to go,” he uttered and lowered his head. That was unexpected.

I tilted mine, “Why not?” my tone was calm.

He shrugged, “I just don’t feel like it.” His stomach growled and betrayed his words. I wondered what was going on, why had his perky mood suddenly plummeted?

“Okay,” I carefully said. “Do you want to get something else instead? Do you want to go home?”

People had started filling the small place, waiting to be let in for the following film and we had to move over so as not to be in their way, Chris had still not answered but an idea of what his problem was had started forming in my mind.

“Chris, I know you’re hungry, tell me what the problem is so we can decide what to do, love,” I gently told him and he winced.

“I don’t…I don’t want to go next door, I don’t want to go to our usual place after the cinema,” he explained.