Chapter 1: Meet the Star of the Show

I woke up yelling "Don't steal my cookies!" in 5:38 in the morning. I stared at "me" in the mirror. "You look like a hot mess today, Melissa." Yeah, that's my stupid name. I wish my name was something cool and strong, like Jude Sampson. That's my pen name. At least, I'm planning for it to be.

I would murder to be an author. Or you know, just wear a short, pink dress in a strip club for a day.

Tomboy? I know, but what do you want me to do? Talk with the girls in my class all the time? They don't even notice I'm there! I fit in better with the boys, though normally they're so sporty and stuff.

You're probably wondering if I'm a gamer. Ask the posters on the wall, I'm not gonna be any other than that. Everybody in my class is stereotypical.

Or so I thought, but more on that later.

I yawned and rolled off my bed. Today was marking half through the school-year quarter. Still no friends. It's not like I can play volleyball and basketball. It's not like I listen to those One Direction fags.

I figured since I wasn't gonna be falling asleep in any time soon, I might as well get dressed. I did so. I got so bored I turned on my X-BOX and started playing some Call of Duty. After what seemed like minutes, I looked at my clock. Minutes turned out to be hours. "Shit, I'm going to be late!" I dashed through the tiny hall, where my aunt was sleeping in a bedroom, and the kitchen, where my dad was drinking coffee. My mom was in her room, my brother poking her from my dad's side of the bed, because there's nothing better than having your 4-year-old son poke you up every morning.

When I ran outside, the bus doors closed and the wheels started rolling. The doors didn't open so I grabbed my aunt's car and speeded to school.

Yeah, you're probably curious why my aunt lives with us, considering I mentioned her twice now. I can answer you in one word: Cheap.

I drove into the school and got out of the car. "Allons-y." I muttered tomyself. Yes, I'm a whovian.