Chapter 2: My Version of the Human Life Cycle

People say the human life cycle is that "You're born, you live, and you grow old and die". They apparently forgot "Go through the living hell called 'school', then grow old and die... By homework."

I stumbled into the lunch room, the only place I could relax and write notes for my books on this website called wattpad, though I doubt you know what that is. My eyes caught the glamourous shine of an X-BOX logo. Jacket, boy, tall as hell, identified as Adam Padnet. He likes X-BOX? I smiled, thinking that maybe there was somebody else who might get me.

Might.

I shyly walked over, considering that one wrong move will cost me... a medical bill. I had my lunch tray in one arm and my journal tucked in the other, making me look like a waitress, sort of. I considered whether I was being smart or not, but seeing that he was talking to another guy, I felt reassured that it was an average one. "You're Ad-Titan Padnet, right?" Oh shit, I almost called him by his real name. That's half a medical bill I see in my future. No turning back now.

"Yes?" His eyes were screaming "MMMUUURRRDDDEEERRR".

OH THANK GOD, HALF MY LIFE IS SAVED! I smiled, both because hope told me this was the start of my first friendship since I moved here and I wasn't going to be in a body cast for God knows how long. "Melissa Russell." I held out my free hand and we shook 'em. From a single glance, I noticed his friend was staring. "You're Gilbert, I'm guessing." He nodded.

I sat down in front of them and we were quiet for a few moments. "Call of Duty Ghosts-" I started.

"THANK YOU!" They sounded relieved that I started a subject. We talked for a while and it turned out that we have tons in common, us three. We were having a great time until the cursed bell rang.

I slipped on my way to Art while I was talking to Titan so my sentence ended oddly. "I really do like - SHIT!" It would be embarassing if people acknowledged my presence. People other than Titan and Gilbert, I mean. They're cool I guess. They didn't laugh. Titan snickered. Still not a laugh.

I punched him anyway. He helped me up. I noticed he was staring at my eyes after that. My legs and hands shook. What was wrong with me? "Are you going to fall again?" He asked.

"No." I answered. What the hell, my voice was high pitched! This only happens when I'm fangirling. Not 1D, I'm talking about stuff like Black Butler. There's nothing wrong with fangirling/fanboying over anime. Tons of people do that! Meh, it's not like I like this guy... right?