Chapter 10: School Dance

There's a school dance in a week, and I'm curious of Adam's next move towards my fake identity. Though it was obvious that he'd ask DQ to the dance, but then what?

I shut my locker and sighed, leaning my head on the door of it. Nobody would find me of course, as I sunk into my mind palace.

"Hey!" Gilbert startled me out of my palace, I jumped and turned to him. "Whatch'ya doin'?"

"Nothing, just tired." That wasn't much of a lie, to be honest. I was up late last night thinking about Adam. What'd he look like without clothes, you know. Normal stuff.

"You excited for the new Super Smash Bros.?"

I started laughing. "Super Smash. hehehehehe!"

"If I don't get it, it's funny to you." He sighed.

"So have you heard about the school dance next week?"

"Yeah, I'm not going."

"Me neither. I'd have nobody to go with anyway."

"I would've figured you would."

"I'm not physically or mentally attractive at all, so there's no point."

"Get Adam." He sounded serious.

"I can't. He's going with my cousin."

"Ouch."

"I'm not into him anyway." Lie.

"Class is gonna start soon, so we should get going."

We walked through the halls, awkwardly stumbling next to each other. We tried to start conversation several times, but failed back into silence.

I felt myself throw a party in my brain as I got a text to DQ in math class, later into the day. Adam didn't have the same class as me at this time, so it was "safe" to answer, in a way. I took out my phone and checked his text.

Hey babe.

I blushed. Why would you call me that?

Some friends dared me to. Sorry. :(

It's fine, I don't care.

So... There's this dance in my school...

And?

Would you like to go with me? It took him a while to answer.

Sure. I texted reluctantly.

He didn't text for the rest of the period. I didn't want to be alone so I texted my friend Gallen. We barely talk anymore, I was hoping to change that. Hi.

Oh, hi.

We talked until the class ended, and even passed by each other in the hall. Just one more class and I could go home.

When I sat down, the empty seat was filled, the one on my left. Looked like a middle school kid. I didn't care. I took out some paper and I started drawing.

"What's that?"

"N-Nothing!" I covered the paper with my arms.

"I hope you know I saw it. Who's the guy?"

"Someone." I sighed

"Alright, I won't ask, sheesh. I like your bracelet." She pointed at the golden braclet with my name in it on my wrist.

"Thanks."

Bell rang, and I was able to leave class, at last! I got home and hummed 8 Days A Week meanwhile. I was confused when I saw the police cars outside, but I wasn't surprised. With the amount of smokers and stuff in the school, there'd have to be a point sometime where they got caught by an authority.