Chapter 2

Kili's POV

I sit on our bed, watching as Taneka, my love, feed Isla, our baby girl. I watch as she giggles when she finishes every bite and her little toes wiggle as she reaches for more food. Isla is 1 1/2 years old. She is small and she is sort of cubby but she is adorable. Her hair is nice a soft and her nose twitches like a kittens before she sneezes.

Taneka finishes feeding her and looks up at me. "Hello my prince..." I smile brightly at her. "Hello my love... How is our little princess?" Taneka smile. "She is full and happy!" I walk over and I kneel down in front of her and Isla. "Hey baby!" I kiss his chubby little cheek. She cooed and giggles. I nuzzle my nose against her cheek and she squeals softly with delight.

As I do this I hear men shouting outside the bedroom and there is a knock on the door. Isla pouts and I call out, "come in!" A guard runs in. "Your highness! Orcs are coming from the south armed to fight." I stand. "Get me my armour." The guard nods and leaves. Taneka gasps.

"Your fighting?!" Isla whimper. "Da....." I kiss her with all the passion I have and then I hug her and Isla. "I will come back. For both of you." The guard comes back and gives me my armour. I put it on and I sheath my sword. I turn back to Taneka and Isla. "The lights of my life... I will come back for you." I peck their cheeks and I order a guard to take them with the other women and children.