T W O

STARGIRL

STARGIRL

  I was currently inside the human's dwelling of warm colored cushions and wood sectioned floors, attempting to stick my head into what Harold Edward Styles of Earth explained was called a "fireplace" while he spoke into his cellular device.

   "How is it my fault you forgot your earphones in my car, you were just in there ten minutes ago before I dropped you off." Harold Edward Styles of Earth spoke in an exasperated tone, showing clear signs of some sort of distress on his face as I tried to get closer to this dark fireplace, his raised leg blocking me from the entrance as I rested on hand on it to lower it.

   "Yeah well I'm kind of busy right now." He responded again in a clipped voice, raising his leg higher when I tried approaching the opening of the fireplace from a higher position, then lowering it when I attempted to crawl under his limb to the unburnt logs.

  I made a little noise in my struggle to touch the logs and peer up the fireplace before retreating back in defeat and turning my attention to something else.

  I started to wander around else where, hearing Harold of Earth release a small sigh as he brought his leg back down while I observed his living quarters, suddenly smelling something quite delightful as I began to sniff the air, finding the source when I neared a small yellow plug attached to the wall.

   "Look, I have to call you back. I think she's hungry." Harold's voice increased in volume behind me but I payed no matter to it.

   "Because she's trying to eat my air freshener." He said moments after, quickly rushing to my side and placing his hand over the pleasant smelling plug, my open mouth coming in contact with the back of his hand instead as I frowned.

   "Yeah I will, I will, okay, I will, yes, yes for the love of Gorbsnogs can you make this anymore of a mom call? I'll see you Hashim." Harold of Earth seemed to turn off his communicating device without waiting for a response, his attention now on me as he glanced up from his rectangular electronic to blink at me.

   "Uh.... welcome- you know, to my house." He trailed off, awkwardly looking around as he stood still, slipping his gadget back into the back pocket of his pants before opening and closing the palms of his clammy looking hands, waiting for my reaction.

  I gazed around the room.

   "It's most house-like-"

   "Er you hungry?"

  We spoke simultaneously, stopping when our words overlapped one another's as we paused.

   "Oh sorry you go first-" He began at the same time I said "I apologize what was it you were saying?"

  We blinked at each other.

   "I was saying-" We both began before we stiffened and sent one another hard glares.