Part 10: Siblings Argue

Lydia's POV

Of course I sleep through my alarm and I'm woken up by Adrien shaking me. "Wake up! We're gonna be late." He says and I jolt up. "What happened?" I ask confused and look at the time to see that it's 8:30am and I only have 30 minutes to get to school. "You didn't wake up. I guess you got in late last night." He says and I remember last night. "I was late because someone didn't answer their phone! I had to fight an akuma last night by myself. You're lucky I only got hurt instead of killed!" I say almost yelling. "What? Are you okay?!" He replies and looks at my hand. "Let me see it." "No, you've done enough. What were you doing last night anyway?" I ask in an angry tone. "I-I was with Marinette." "Of course you were. Don't wait for me." I said and he leaves. Duusu comes up to me with a worried look. "You can't be mad at him Lydia. He's sorry and he probably feels guilty enough as it is." She says. "He should be! They know to check their phones and keep an eye out for the news when one of us is patrolling! I'm just so mad." I say and walk into my closet and get dressed. "You better hurry or you'll be late." She says. "I'm not going to be late because I'm not going at all." I say and grab my shoes and purse. "You can't ditch school Lydia!" Duusu says as she flies up next to me. "I can and I will. You can either stay here or come with me." I say.

Adrien's POV

I get to school on time and see Marinette and Alya sitting by the steps. "Hey." I say as I walk up to them and kiss Marinette on the cheek. "I'll be over here." Alya says and walks off. "How was patrolling for Lydia last night?" She asks. "Not good. There was an attack and she got hurt. Her hand was bandaged and she didn't get the chance to tell me why because we were arguing." I say and sit down. "Why did she call us?" "She did but we didn't pick up, so she's pretty angry." I say. "Oh no, we should've been paying more attention!" She says and place her head in her hands. "She'll be fine. Lydia's tougher than she looks." I say trying to cheer her up. "But she got hurt because we weren't there to help her! What if something worse happened to her? What if the akuma comes back! She can't deevilize it without me!" Marinette says in a panic. "We talk to her when she gets here. She'll probably be late." I say and the bells rings.
*after school*
"I can't believe she ditched school." I say to Marinette as we walk out of the school doors. "I can, she was really angry at me this morning. She's probably home." I say and she nods. We get to my house and Natalie opens the door for us. "Your father is still at work. Where's Lydia?" She asks and closes the door behind us. "She's not here?" I ask. "No, she left this morning and didn't say when she'll be back. I assumed she was going to school." "I'll find her:" I say and we head upstairs to her room. Marinette closes the door behind us. "Where can she be?" She asks. "I'm not sure." I say and something blue flies around us. "Duusu, where's Lydia?" I ask quickly. "I don't know. She was so angry at you two that she left." Duusu says and begins to cry. Tikki flies out of Marinette's purse and comforts her. "Why did she leave you behind?" Marinette asks. "We got into a fight and she wanted to be alone. What if an akuma gets her?" Duusu says crying. "We will find her." I say. "She's getting stronger, I'm afraid she might hurt someone or herself." Duusu says. "What do you mean?" I ask. "Last night, she didn't need her fan to control the wind, and she deevilzed an akuma herself." Duusu says still crying. "Lets go find her." I say and we all leave the house with Duusu in Marinette's purse with Tikki.

Lydia's POV

How can they not know that there was an akuma!? How could they leave me alone like that? I start walking to nowhere in particular in the middle of the night. I notice that the wind starts to pick up a bit when I hear someone call my name. I turn around to see Marinette and Adrien. "What do you want?" I say. "We came to help you." Adrien says. "We want to make sure you're okay." Marinette says. "Okay? You want to know if I'm okay? Well I'm not! You left me alone when I needed help!" I start to yell and the wind gets stronger. "We're sorry, Lydia. It won't happen again." Adrien says loudly over the wind. "The wind... she's getting stronger." Tiki says to Adrien and Marinette. "Lydia, please come home." Duusu says and flies closer to me. "Why?" "Because its where you belong. I know you're hurting. You don't want us to leave you like your mom did so you're pushing us away, hoping that it won't hurt as much. But we aren't going anywhere, I promise." Duusu says and it's true, I was afraid of them leaving me... the wind dies down as I fall on my knees and start crying. "I'm so sorry." I say to Duusu and she nuzzles my check. "It's okay, all is forgiven." She says. "Lyds, I'm so sorry, we are sorry. It won't happen again." Adrien says and kneels down to give me a hug and Marinette joins in. "I'm sorry." I say and they hug me tighter before letting go. "Lets go home and take a look at your hand." Adrien says and he helps me up and we all start walking home.

I'm so sorry that this is late, I had some stuff I had to deal with but I plan on making another chapter soon!