Chapter 1: Engagements

It was raining the day Elizabeth Swann was to become Elizabeth Turner.

It was raining the day everything went wrong.

Samantha sadly stared out at her friend as she cried beneath the alter. In fact, Samantha herself almost sobbed when she found out the wedding had been ruined. She had looked forward to this day for a long time, mainly because it was the day that she could finally go out and find Captain Jack Sparrow.

A few minutes passed before soldiers flooded the hall where Samantha stood, Will Turner being escorted in chains.

Elizabeth ran to her fiance, tears mixed with rain water. Will brushed her hair from her face slightly, a gentle look in his eyes. "Will. Why is this happening?" She desperately asked.

William Turner wished he could give his wife a satisfactory answer but in truth he had no clue why any of this was taking place. "I don't know." He admitted. "You look beautiful." He offered to his fiance with a small smile.

Elizabeth smiled with dry humor as she lovingly stared up at Will. "I think it’s bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding." She reminded him softly.

"Make way. Let me through!" The Governor demanded as he pushed through the crowd of East India Trading Company men. When his gaze fell on his sorrowful daughter and her fiance in chains, he became enraged. "How dare you! Stand your men down at once! Do you hear me?"

Samantha winced as she looked towards where Cutler Beckett stood.

"Governor Weatherby Swann, it’s been too long." Beckett greeted.
"Cutler Beckett?" Weatherby asked in shock as he stared at the man.
"It’s Lord now. Actually." Beckett corrected, his lips pulling at the corners with a proud smirk.
"Lord or not, you have no reason and no authority to arrest this man." Weatherby slowly remarked as he made his way to stand next to Beckett.

Beckett smiled happily at the Governor's comment. "In fact, I do. Mr. Mercer?" A man opened a box for Beckett. The Lord simply reached in and pulled out warrants for arrest. "The warrant for the arrest of one William Turner." He declared, handing Weatherby the warrant.

Weatherby apprehensively read through the paper before realizing that the name was not William Turner's name. "This warrant is for Elizabeth Swann!" He exclaimed.

Samantha looked towards Elizabeth woth worry. "Oh, is it? That’s annoying, my mistake, arrest her." Beckett calmly stated as he took the warrant back and fished another out.

Samantha moved forward instantly. "What?" She exclaimed.
Beckett looked at the girl who had captured the Sparrow's heart with interest. "Restrain her."

Elizabeth was in shock as irons were clapped on her wrists, binding them. "On what charges?" The bride shrieked in confusion.

William struggled against his gaurds in protest as his wife was placed under arrest. "No!" He shouted as she was pulled back.

"Aha, here’s the one for William Turner." Lord Beckett stated handing the Governor the warrant. "And I have another one for a Mr. James Norrington. Is he present?" Beckett called, as though Norrington would raise his hand and say here!

"What are the charges?" Samantha questioned as she shrugged off her gaurds and moved towards Beckett.

"Commodore Norrington resigned his commission some months ago." Weatherby informed Beckett helpfully as he shot worried glances towards his daughter and her fiance.
The lord rolled his eyes at the man as he purposefully ignored Samantha. "I don’t believe that was the answer to the question I asked."
"Lord Beckett, in the category of questions not answered –" Will started, intending to recieve some answers.
"We are under the jurisdiction of the King’s governor of Port Royal and you will tell us what we are charged with." Elizabeth demanded.

Governor Swann cleared his throat as he read through Will's warrant. "The charge… is conspiring to set free a man convicted of crimes against the Crown and Empire and condemned to death for which the…" Weatherby broke off suddenly.

"For which the punishment, regrettably, is also death." Beckett finished for the man. "Perhaps you remember a certain pirate named Jack Sparrow" Beckett directed his gaze to Samantha, who glared at him angrily.

"Captain." Samantha, Will, and Elizabeth corrected at once.
"Captain Jack Sparrow." Samantha hissed at Beckett causing him to grin.
"Captain Jack Sparrow. Yes, I thought you might." Beckett agreed happily.
"And why am I not under arrest." Samantha inquired.
"For the sheer fact that I know who you are." Beckett stated smugly. "Victoria Jones." He finished.
Victoria felt her face drain of blood at the sound of her real name. "How!" She shrieked as Beckett pulled her against him.
"There is a traitor among the Brethren." He whispered into her ear.

"Take them away." Beckett ordered as he gripped Victoria's upper arm and dragged her with him.

Victoria struggled as Beckett dragged her through the fortress. Soon enough, Beckett grew tired of the girl's relentless battle and threw her over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" Samantha cried angrily.

Beckett paid no attention to her shouts as he kicked his office door open and threw her in his chair. "Are you done?" He asked as he leaned against his desk.

Samantja cocked an eyebrow. "Are you going to let me go?"
"No,"
"Then no I am not done you bloody-" Victoria began to yell angrily.
"Not yet." Beckett finished.

Samantha fell silent.

"I need you to find the heart if Davy Jones, in return I will free your friends of all charges. Of course, you are still expected to go through with your engagement." Beckett explained to the girl.

"Engagement?" Victoria asked with raised eyebrows.
"Engagement to one Lord Cutler Beckett." Beckett explained with a smirk.
"I'd rather hang." Victoria hissed angrily as she moved to stand up.
Beckett pushed her back down and leaned forward with a grin. "Oh I'm sure, however if you want your friends and lover to live you will have to marry me."

Victoria stopped at the mention of Jack. "Jack?" She asked meekly.

Beckett nodded. "As I'm sure you're aware, Jack Sparrow- sorry- Captain Jack Sparrow made a deal with Davy Jones nearly thirteen years ago."

"For the Pearl, yes I know." Samantha interrupted.

"If you get me the heart of Davy Jones and marry me, then your dearly beloved will walk free. Jack won't be forced on the Dutchman and your friends live." Beckett continued, staring at the girl who mulled over the idea. "It's not a bad trade. The heart of Davy Jones and your hand is all it would take to free Jack of one hundred years of servitude and your friends from the hangman's noose."

"Until your rule of the sea sends him to the bottom of the ocean." Victoria reminded him coolly.

"I know you have met Davy Jones. Tell me, do you think he will show Jack mercy?" Beckett reminded Victoria. The girl winced and shook her head. "Then, do we have an accord?" Beckett asked with mischief twinkling in his eyes.

Victoria sighed sadly as she nodded and shook Beckett's hand. "Yes." She muttered.

Beckett beamed happily. "You leave immediately. You might want to change out of that, I had some more sturdy clothes brought." Beckett stated, gesturing towards a chair that sat in the middle of the room. "You can change in here."

With that, the Lord left.

Victoria quickly dressed in the familiar garb of a pirate. The leggings hugged her legs comfortably and her boots offered protection. Victoria sighed at the soft tunic as it rested against her skin. A comfortably tightened corset sat on Victoria's waist, protecting it slightly. The belt of weapons went on next, holding a cutlass, gun, compass, and knife on it. Over all this came a tough jacket that protected her skin slightly from the sun.

Feeling more comfortable, Victoria exited the room and met with Beckett.