Chapter 5: Davy Jones

The dark night hid the pearl well as they approached the location of the Flying Dutchman. Victoria looked at the shipwrecked ship.

"That's the Flying Dutchman?" Will asked with a nod to the ship. "It doesn't look like much."

Victoria looked over at Will. Her eyes were hooded as she turned back out to the sea.

"Neither do you, do not underestimate it." Jack warned Will seriously.

Feeling a forlorne sense of loss, Samantha stepped away from the rail, instead choosing to sit in the crowsnest and observe.

She watched as Will rowed against the crashing waves and made his way over to the shipwreck. That about all she saw because just then Jack appeared. "Come on luv, let's get back on deck."

The pair moved back on deck, the lamps now being doused making seeing ten times as difficult.

Jack carefully observed the actions on the other ship with great interest. Victoria wasn't so excited to see the verdict. She stood just behind Jack as he stared off in his spyglass.

It came as a shock to Victoria when Davy Jones and his crew appeared on the Pearl. "Jack, you mac soith, what did you do!" Victoria screamed as a crewman grabbed her from behind gently, careful to not hurt her unlike the roughness they showed the crew.

"You have a debt to pay." Davy Jones reminded Jack angrily. "You've been Captain of the Black Pearl for thirteen years. That was our agreement."

"Technically, I was only Captain for two years, then I was viciously mutinied upon." Jack piqued up, sending worried glances at Victoria.

"Then you were a poor Captain, but a Captain nonetheless. Have you not introduced yourself all these years as 'Captain Jack Sparrow'?" Jones asked him angrily with narrowed eyes.

Victoria watched the exchange carefully, analyzing both parties.

"Yeah, I gave you payment. One soul to serve on your ship is already over there." Jack stated with a proud grin.

"What! Jack you fhealltóir! Muinín sé leat! Tá tú fear uafásach. Dul bás a dhéanamh i bpoll bastaird tú!" Victoria started cursing him, struggling towards him and drawing the attention of Davy Jones.

"Déanfaimid caint iníon ina dhiaidh sin." He growled lowly at her. Victoria shrank back against the men holding her.

"One soul is not equal to another." Davy Jones hissed as he turned back to Jack.

"Aha!" Exclaimed Jack in victory. "So we've establish my proposal is sound in principle, now we're just haggling over price."

Davy Jones nearly killed him then. "Price?" He muttered.

"Just how many souls, do you think, my soul is worth?" Jacm leaned in slightly, staring st Jones through narrowed eyes.

Jones grinned wickedly. "One-hundred souls." Then he added. "In three days."

"Really? One-hundred souls? We are talking about Jack right?" Victoria asked in shock.

"You're a darling, mate. Send me back the boy, I'll get started right off." Jack said with a smile after shooting a glare at Victoria. He was about to leave when he was stopped by a pirate on Jones' crew.

"I keep the boy, a good, faith payment. That leaves you only ninety-nine to go." Jones stated with a cruel and sadistic laugh.

Jack paused suddenly. "Have you not met Will Turner?" He started slowly, gaining confidence with each word. "He's noble, heroic, a terrific soprano. Worth at least four, maybe three and a half." Jack bartered. "And did I happen to mention... he's in love." Jones looked up and then stared at Victoria. "With a girl. Due to be married. Betrothed. Dividing him from her and her from him would only be half as cruel as actually allowing them to be joined in holy matrimony. Aye?" Jones nearly cried, unwanted memories of abondonment sprouting in his mind.

"I keep the boy. Ninty-nine souls-ah. But I wonder, Sparrow... can you live with this? Can you condemn an innocent man - a friend - to a lifetime of servitude in your name while you roam free?" Davy asked with a sadistic grin.

Jack paused for a moment, as if hewerethinking it over. "Yep. I'm good with it. Shall we seal it in blood, I mean, uh, ink?" He held out his hand.

Jones then took the black spot, leaving Jacks hand free of marks before he turned to Victoria.

"Cad é atá tú anseo le Jack Sparrow? Tá sé aon maith." Davy Jones asked in a foriegn tongue, the same one that Victoria uses from time to time.

"I mo thuairimse, I," Victoria hesitated asshespoke, not finishing her sentence.

"Uimh! Ní féidir leat, wont liom deis a thabhairt dó! a fuair bás tú beagnach mar gheall air!" He shouted at her, his tenticals clenching and spinning wildly.

"Ní raibh mé ag iarraidh a, sé ach saghas a tharla! Sé féin agus a athair a bhí ann dom níos mó ná mar a bhí tú féin nó máthair riamh. Athair, le do thoil ná a chur air." Victoria pleaded as she stepped forward, pain bright in her eyes.

"Más é seo an t-aon bhealach chun tú a fheiceáil go bhfuil grá nimhneach amháin, ansin a bheith amhlaidh é." Davy Jones hissed before he regally finished his thought. "Beidh Jack Sparrow freastal ar mo long ar feadh céad bliain."

Victoria felt a deep pain within her as Davy Jones finished then disappeared. "Téigh go dtí ifreann asal leat!" She shouted angrily before storming into the captain's quarters.

"Más é seo an t-aon bhealach chun tú a fheiceáil go bhfuil grá nimhneach amháin, ansin a bheith amhlaidh é. Yeah, well fuck you!" Victoria mimicked as she flopped down on the bed.

"How are you holding up luv?" Jack asked softly as he entered the cabin.

"I'll be fine. I'm just angry with him." Victoria said with a sigh. She looked at Jack. "Why can't he be like Teague? Your dad cares about me." She whimpered.

Jack moved quickly to her side and hugged her. "He cares, he just has a hard time of showing it. Like you sometimes."

Victoria toed her shoes off, listening as they clammered to the floor loudly before cuddling up next to Jack on the bed.

"Night Jack. Tomorrow we will get ninety-nine souls." Victoria mumbled as she passed out from exhaustion.

"Goodnight Victoria." Jack mumbled back before joining her.