Chapter 1

I used to feel pain; but now my body is consumed by a numbness. I couldn't eat, or sleep, but my family only took notice when I was silent in my bedroom at night rather that sobbing into my pillow. Normally news like that would offer relief to a family, but crying was like the minds immune system. Somedays I missed the tears, crying felt like an old friend- always there to lean on. That friend has since moved away leaving me alone. Because my body has shut down I didn't fight, or scream when my father
explained I would be admitted to a rehabilitation center. I complied throughout the whole ordeal, and so here I was, sat in a wheelchair in the very center itself. I waited patiently until I heard a clicking of high heels down the cold linoleum floor of the building. I glanced up to what I had assumed was a doctor.

          "Hello Olivia," the doctor slowly spoke barely glancing up from her clipboard, "I'm Doctor Carol - the administrative doctor here at Shell wood rehabilitation center."

          I allowed my eyes to slowly rise from my lap to her face. She had a serious, but kind look. She had laugh lines around her lips signifying she had a warm, happy life. I nodded to confirm I processed the information. "You will be in room 6C- Dr. Stephens wing." She continued.

          "Now Olivia, I must warn you" I could see from my peripheral vision she cautiously looked over her glasses. "Every patient here at Shell Wood has a roommate- a friend."

          She clarified waiting a moment for a complaint. When she was met with silence she continued: "Alright Olivia, before you meet your new friend we need a basic physical, would that be alright?"

          I nodded slightly knowing I have no choice. "Ok." she muttered going to the back of the wheelchair to push me. She pushed till the end of the hallway and into a room with all sorts of tools.

          "Olivia, This is nurse Holly she will be taking care of you today." Dr. Carol said nodding at Holly, then quietly leaving the room.

           "Hello Olivia, I'm Nurse Holly. How are you today?" I quickly glanced at her.

          "Fine." I answered before she scribbled something onto her clipboard.

          "Alright well we're just gonna take a look here." Nurse Holly said before beginning the exam.

          When nurse HollyW had finished the exam she began pushing me down to where I would be staying

          "Ok, Olivia. Dr. Steven is the doctor in your wing, you are room 6C" Nurse holly said   repeating the information I had previously heard.

          She then stopped the chair allowing me to stand. "Here is your outfit,medication and toiletries." she said handing me a bag. "Your room will be stocked by this Thursday." She smiled opening my door

          As soon as I headed into my room I noticed a boy with black hair, and light blue eyes curled up on his bed. He had bags under his eyes; presumptuously from lack of sleep he wore grey hospital scrubs. He noticed me that much I could tell, but gave no real signal that he did. I took notice of the room. Two hospital beds on either ends of the room with a dresser beside each, there seemed to be a shared bathroom as well. The room could easily be described with the word 'sterile'.

          "I'm Olivia" I quietly spoke. When his eyes met mine, I realized I would be ignored.

  A/N Welcome to my story! I hope you enjoyed it! The next chapter I believe is a bit longer. I will probably update tomorrow if not, the next day as I still need to edit chapter 2. Bye!